Awarded Best City Tour 2017 by Philly A-List, our food tours have been touted by The Travel Channel as: “Excellent food tours…which lets guests sample beloved savory and sweet food found only in Philly while learning about local architecture, history and culture”. Stroll the tree-lined avenue, visit historic residential architecture, and indulge in Chestnut Hill’s most iconic foods throughout our 2.5 hour walking food tour.
What to Expect:
– Meet and engage with shop owners, including one with a business 90 years in the making
– Enjoy tastings from 6 eateries! We’ll show you which local spots have been featured on the Food Network, as well as which have won the coveted Best of Philly award
– Participate in a private brewery tour and intimate Q&A session with the brewer himself
– Savor enough food and history to leave both locals and out-of-towners feeling full and satisfied
– Receive our Chew Philly “TasteBook”, a full-color mini-magazine brimming with informative articles from local food bloggers and journalists who have partnered with our tour
How is our tour different from others?
– As the first and original Chestnut Hill Food Tour, we’ve honed and perfected our tour to ensure optimal enjoyment, with thousands of sips and bites served annually
– We’re the *only* Chestnut Hill Food Tour with tour guides who live here in Northwest Philadelphia, giving you an insider’s look into the neighborhood’s food and culture
– We’ve got exclusive tastings, created specifically for our tour participants as “secret menu” items that you can’t find anywhere outside of our Chew Philly Chestnut Hill Food Tour
– With over 425 reviews on TripAdvisor, we’ve been acclaimed by USA Today, National Geographic, Yahoo! Travel, Zagat, Lonely Planet, and more
– Our tours are award-winning, having won Best City Tour 2017, Community Builder 2017, and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for 4 years running
When to Book: This isn’t a gimmick – our tours always sell out. We recommend reserving your space in advance. Weekdays are typically reserved for private tour bookings, but please feel free to request a tour date – we’ll accommodate when possible.