Visitor Experience Staff
Visitor Experience Staff
The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania (located in Chestnut Hill) is hiring Visitor Experience Staff to assist the many guests (over 130,000 a year!) who visit the garden.
Visitor Experience Staff greet visitors, handle admissions and parking, run the gift shop, answer questions, sell memberships, and assist guests wherever possible.
VE Staff are the face of the Morris Arboretum and a vital part of the team, ensuring a memorable, positive experience for our guests. As such, VE Staff must be professional, reliable, friendly, and have exceptional customer service skills. They must also be comfortable working with computers, handling money, working outside, and standing for extended periods of time. Flexibility, working well under pressure, a sense of humor, and a strong sense of teamwork are also beneficial skills to have for this role.
This is a wonderful opportunity to support a world-renowned Arboretum, enjoy a flexible schedule, and work with amazing people.
This is a year-round, part-time (approximately 8-16 hour/week), paid position with variable hours, including weekdays, weekends and some holidays. Having your own transportation is helpful, as the Arboretum is not near public transportation.
Pay Rate: $10.50-11.50/hour
To apply, please send your resume and a letter of interest or brief summary about why you are interested in and qualified for the position to:email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chestnut Hill Hospital
Chestnut Hill Hospital is looking for a full-time marketing professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience executing a variety of marketing programs including both digital and print tactics in a service industry. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and will include working closely with human resources and administration.
• Assist with various online and printed marketing and communications projects in support of the business goals
• Help manage, prepare content and deploy the company’s internal communications via online application, Email campaigns, Power Point presentations, etc.
• Assist in building distribution channels to ensure message is reaching target audiences
• Creatively repurpose content for internal and social media posts
• Assist with website updates including efforts to advance the consumer experience
• Help to coordinate logistics for and attend external events as needed
Writing and editing
Training & Education:
Bachleors degree required. Journalism or English degree preferred
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent writing and editing skills. Strong sense of graphic composition and ability to manipulate images
• Some proficiency with HTML would be considered a plus.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing campaigns simultaneously
• Ability to think both creatively and analytically about digital marketing challenges
• 0-3 years of experience within a marketing department, preferably marketing services directly to professional or consumer
• Professional writing experience preferred
Journalism or English degree preferred
- Please contact: CatherineM.Brzozowski@towerhealth.org
Baker Street Bread Company
Back of the House Kitchen Help
Baker street bread is hiring for back of the house kitchen help
doing prep and working the line . Call 215-248-2500 or email KATIE today email@example.com
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Sales Associate (Seasonal, Full Time)
Sales Associate (Seasonal, Full Time)
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is seeking a full time, Seasonal Sales Associate to join its sales team for the opening of PAFA Northwest, a pop-up shop on Germantown Avenue in Chestnut Hill. The pop-up shop will serve as a combination gallery, museum shop and educational space that will offer unique PAFA merchandise and student artwork for sale, and host an array of lectures and hands-on workshops for adults, children and families. The pop-up shop will be open through the holiday season, with the possibility for extended hours through early spring.
Reporting to the Retail Manager, this position will have a collaborative role optimizing the visitors’ store experience, driving revenue, and fostering a professional and positive environment. Sales Associates are central to the daily and weekly store goals and engaging, cultivating, and building a base of repeat customers. Sales Associates may be assigned to receiving and store replenishment and must be able to lift 20 pounds. Sales Associates maintain an organized and pristine workspace.
Candidates must be able to work Wednesday – Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
- Provide exemplary customer service and sell merchandise.
- Operate retail technology systems including customer check-out and closing procedures.
- Adhere to strict cash handling procedures.
- Manage and/or execute timely merchandise flow, replenishment, and recovery.
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Prior sales experience in a similar setting.
- Experience with retail POS systems is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter with hourly requirements, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 215-972-6194, or mail to Human Resources, 128 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19102. Please include “Seasonal Sales FT” in the subject line. The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates for all positions. PAFA encourages members of all diverse groups to seek employment with us.
Louie’s Little Hut
Front Counter, Dish, Prep Positions
Perfect for college students or anyone looking for part-time work in a fun, beach-inspired atmosphere.
Please respond by email with resume or related work experience at email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe
State Farm – Steven R. Breinlinger
Do you have aspirations to run your own business? If so, you may want to consider working in the office of Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Agent. As a member of our agency team, you have an opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to be a State Farm Agent..
A career with great work life balance, salary and commission. This is a teaching office where you will master the art of sales and hopefully become an agent for StateFarm someday if you choose. I have made it my mission to grow people’s careers.
When this job is done right, you will make a difference in your life, your customer’s life and your family’s life.
You will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote State Farm products including auto, home and life insurance
Many people say, “My only regret is not doing this sooner.”
Please Contact Steven Breinlinger
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery & Frame Shoppe
Part Time Worker
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery, a thriving Art Gallery and custom framing business located in the heart of historic Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, is seeking a personable and professional part-time Gallery Associate to fulfill an integral position in the Gallery. The idea candidate will have a Fine Arts background, strong computer and people skills and will be able to multitask and work autonomously. Self-motivation is a must. Experience with custom framing intake a plus. This position requires regular weekend hours as well as occasional evening events.
- Fine Art/Art History background
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits
- Experience/interest in working with public – custom framing retail experience a plus!
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Greet Customers and answer phones
- Assist customers in selecting molding, mats and glass, etc.
- Assist customers in purchasing art and framing pickups
- Retail sales – responsible for invoice write-ups for framing/renovation, art sales, etc.
Art Related and Exhibits
- Complete artist contracts
- Assist owner with exhibit hangings
- Work with owner to create exhibit postcards
- Familiarize self with Gallery artists
- Attend exhibits (roughly once a month) – assist with food prep and set up, clean up, wine pouring and talking with customers
- Create wall tags for all pieces in Gallery exhibits
- Work with artists to get digital photos and biographical information for exhibits
Communications and Database/Web Updating
- Enter new email addresses in Chestnut Hill Gallery group lists for mailings
- Mail and email Press Releases approximately 3 weeks before exhibit
- Keep website, Facebook and Instagram accounts updated with current exhibits/artists
- Label and post cards for artist’s reception (approximately two to three weeks before exhibit)
- Excel mailing list updating
- Constant Contact – create and schedule emails, newsletters and ads
- Maintain Artists Bio/Photo book for public viewing (without artist contracts)
- Create system for categorizing artwork and Gallery location
- Call: 215-248-2549
The Art Shop
Barbers and Stylists
The Art Shop, a hair and art studio based in Philadelphia is looking for artists who are encouraged and eager to seek out and explore entrpreneurial opportunities as well as personal and creative growth outlets.
Please email and resume to email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3000 BC Spa
Front Sales Desk
For Front desk, the ideal candidate must have a strong retail background, should demonstrate prior experience in meeting daily and monthly sales goals. Must be available weekends and evenings.
What you can expect from us:
Commission on retail sales.
Paid vacation and holidays for full-time employees.
Monthly employee appreciation days.
40-50% off products, free lunch.
Chestnut Hill Brewing Company
Pizza Cook/Assistant Pizza Chef
We are seeking a pizza cook/assistant pizza chef (ideally, with some experience) to help with all aspects of our small, start-up wood-fired Neapolitan pizza business.
This is a great chance to learn the secrets of making excellent neapolitan wood-fired pizza from a very experienced and talented chef. The pizza cook/assistant pizza chef will help with everything including food prep, making the dough, stretching the dough, topping the dough, using the wood-fired oven, taking food orders, and cleaning. The ideal candidate is passionate about pizza, cooking, takes direction well, works well with others, takes initiative, and is positive. Pizza and/or cooking experience is preferred, but not required. The position is initially part-time, but could turn into full time. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey@chbrewing.com and a brief note explaining why you are the best candidate.
- Please contact: Lindsey@chbrewing.com
Chestnut Hill Music Academy
Openings for Music Teachers
You must be extremely professional and reliable once a schedule is established. You must also be organized and have great people skills. Send a cover letter with the reasons why you will make a great teacher and a resume that includes teaching experience and education. Competitive hourly rate.
The Antique Gallery
Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe
Work at Paris Bistro
Paris Bistro is hiring for all positions front and back of house.
Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe
Part time baker
The Night Kitchen Bakery is looking for a part time baker to work the early morning shift on Saturdays and Sundays or Sundays and Mondays. There will also be a few hours on Fridays through June.
If you are interested please email your resume to email@example.com
Applicants must have at least a year of professional baking experience. Feel free to share!
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of the Hill Café
Kitchen and Front Counter Positions
Top of the Hill Café, a small family run restaurant on Evergreen Avenue, is looking to fill full and part time positions in our kitchen and at the front counter.
The Kitchen Position involves making salads, sandwiches, cleaning food prep and other duties. Some experience is preferable, but not necessary.
The Front Counter Position involves taking orders, using a cash register, refilling the food case and an ability to communicate well with other staff and with our customers.
We are open 7 days a week; Mon-Sat 8 – 6 and Sundays 10-4. All attempts will be made to coordinate with school schedules when possible.
Please stop in at 184 East Evergreen Ave. and bring your resume. Call Brettany at 215-248-6009 to set up a day and time to come in for an interview.
- Call: 215-248-6009
Ten Thousand Villages
Part-time Sales Associate
Join the oldest and largest Fair Trade retail network in North America. Ten Thousand Villages markets hand-crafts made by Artisan groups from over 30 developing countries. Ten Thousand Villages has more than 70 non-profit retail stores throughout the U.S.
Chestnut Hill location is seeking an individual with retail sales and service experience, a commitment to our global mission and outstanding people skills. Applicants must be available on weekends and during holidays.
Interested applicants should visit our store at 8331 Germantown Avenue, please see the Store Manager for an application.
Water and Rock Studio
Water and Rock Studio in Chestnut Hill Philadelphia is hiring experienced, professional, well credentialed, and friendly:
- Yoga Instructors
- Functional Fitness Instructors
- Martial Arts and Self-Defense Instructors
- Personal Trainers
If interested, please contract:
Chestnut Hill College
FLS International Chestnut Hill is looking for host families for our international students.
Host Family Requirements:
- Provide a furnished single or twin room with bed, desk, closet
- Provide two meals per day (self-serve breakfast and sit-down dinner)
- Live within 45 minutes of school (Chestnut Hill College) by public transportation
- Help improve students’ English language skills through conversation and sharing local culture
If you are interested in becoming a host family or would like additional information please contact FLS International:
$700 per month- Single room per student
$650 per month- Twin room per student
Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe
Servers, Cook and Hosts
Openings for cooks, servers and hosts at a popular Chestnut Hill restaurant. Must apply in person after 11 a.m.