Chestnut Hill Business District
Marketing & Events Manager
The Marketing & Events Manager oversees the planning and execution of the Chestnut Hill Business District’s special events. This position collaborates with the Director of Operations and the CHBD’s marketing/PR consultant on the realization of these events. Additional duties include pursuing new marketing strategies for the District as a whole, social media management, and CHBA member communications.
Hours/Classification: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $40,000-$45,000, depending on qualifications.
Staff Management Responsibilities: None regularly. This position may manage temporary event staff and interns from time to time.
- With the input of the Executive Director and Director of Operations, manage the planning and execution of all of the CHBD’s special events, including vendor recruitment, logistics, supply ordering, activities, entertainment, and CHBA member involvement.
- Generate creative ideas for the improvement and growth of Chestnut Hill’s events, conducting research and exploring other nearby events when appropriate.
- Manage CHBA member committees oriented around specific events.
- Collaborate with the CHBD’s marketing/PR consultant on the marketing of all events, marketing the District as a whole, and generating new avenues of marketing to increase visitation to the District.
- Work closely with the CHBD’s marketing/PR consultant to provide regular social media management.
- With input from other staff and the Executive Director, oversee the execution of CHBA member communications, including e-newsletters. Assist in the dissemination of information and alerts to the CHBA membership via email, hard copy distribution, and other means.
- Manage temporary event staff and interns.
- Provide customer service to the general public in the Chestnut Hill Welcome Center, answering general inquiries by phone and in person.
- Assist in the management and marketing of the Welcome Center’s gift shop inventory.
- Previous experience in marketing, social media management, and successful organization of special events/festivals is required.
- Completion of a relevant degree or certificate is helpful.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email is required
- Ability to provide quality customer service is essential.
- Experience working with small businesses, retail, or non-profits is a plus
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker
- Friendly and personable
A resume and cover letter are requested
- Please contact: email@example.com
Ten Thousand Villages
Part time Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate
The Paperia needs additional part and full time sales associates. Retail store selling cards, gifts and stationery is located at 8521 Germantown Avenue, Chestnut Hill. A cheerful store with equally happy customers awaits people to help them find what they need. Flexible hours 10-5 Tuesday-Saturday. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chestnut Hill Local
The Chestnut Hill Local is seeking an ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE
to handle a defined territory in the Philadelphia suburbs, focusing on Montgomery County.
If you are committed to helping businesses reach new customers and drive sales through effective, affordable marketing plans, we would like to talk with you!
The available sales territory has established accounts and plenty of opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should be organized, able to work in a deadline-oriented business and an effective communicator. Success in this position will be achieved by a combination of becoming a consultative marketing partner with existing customers and expanding the territory’s base of advertisers through prospecting.
The Local’s products include two weekly newspapers, our website and a newly launched quarterly magazine.
This is a full-time position with base, bonus plan and benefits.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter to John Derr at email@example.com
Baker Street Bread Company
Full Time Kitchen Staff
Full Time Kitchen Staff for busy Chestnut Hill café.
Top hourly pay, Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Daytime Hours, 5 Day Work Week. Come join our team!
We are looking for clean working, experienced multi-tasked kitchen staffers. You will be cooking, baking and preparing, tasty, all-natural food for our faithful customers.
Act fast! Call us today!
@Bakerstreetbread.com 215-248-2500 press 2 for wholesale
Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe
Full-time Counter Worker
The Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe is seeking full time counter workers. Duties include serving customers, making coffee drinks, carrying cakes to customer’s cars and providing exceptional customer service.
Barista experience is a plus and 1 to 2 years experience in an upscale cafe, bakery or coffee shop is required.
We are looking for hard workers who love making people happy!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $10.50 per hour
Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe
Apply in person at Chestnut Grill 8299 Germantown Avenue
Serendipity of Chestnut Hill
The Bone Appetite
Groomers and Retail Positions Open
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time position
Part time position available in a happy store! Looking for mature individual with some retail experience (although the right candidate can be trained!) Very flexible schedule as hours will change weekly. This position is more of a “pinch hitter where needed week to week and will include weekend hours . So, if you have time available and are looking to work a few hours a week (sometimes more, sometimes less)- give Beth a ring at 215.242.0200
- Call: 215.242.0200
Queenie’s Pets ®
Scene-N-Action Productions Company (SNAPCo)
Dance Instructor (Tap or Ballet)
Position: Dance Instructor (Tap or Ballet)
Hours: 55 min per session
Salary: $20 per session
Dates: September 2021 – June 2022
Scene-N-Action Productions Company (SNAPCo) is a nonprofit performing arts and community outreach organization for youth. We value creativity and innovation and welcome instructors who enjoy sharing their talents with our youth.
Seeking an outgoing and energetic dance instructor for the following genres:Tap or Ballet; versatile dance background is a plus. Must have the ability to teach through demonstration and interaction on a beginners to intermediate level. Must have a passion for working with children and youth . Candidates may select the number of classes and Age group/ company. (Company 1: Ages 5-7; Company 2: Ages 8-11; Company 3: Ages 12-16.)
At Least one year teaching experience
Provide all clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal, FBI)
Experience working with children and youth
Responsive to text/email communication
Must attend quarterly staff meetings (3)
Must prepare students to perform for winter and summer showcase/production
All interested candidates must email their resume to email@example.com .
Human Touch Home Care
If you are seeking an opportunity to become part of a team engaged in rewarding, meaningful work, this job could be for you!
Human Touch Home Care, ltd. a Pa. licensed home care company, has a part time position opening up in our Flourtown office. Qualified individual must be detail oriented, ‘good with numbers’, computer literate and familiar with Quick Books.
Position involves managing client accounts, preparing invoices & admin support
Excellent phone manner and respect for all essential. Our core value statement includes:
- Treating our elders with respect, always mindful of their wisdom and contributions to our community.
- Exceeding expectations in our service and support to our clients and our community.
Able to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9a-4p.
Associates degree or higher
Prior bookkeeping experience helpful
CALL 215-233-0676 during business hours
Or email resume to
Retail Assistant Store Manager
About the job
We are seeking a dynamic Retail Assistant Store Manager for our Chestnut Hill, PA SC Home Retail Showroom. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and design as well as a dedication and enthusiasm for great service including providing a compelling experience, follow through and product knowledge.
- Coordinates, manages, and monitors staff to ensure adherence to pre-established policies and procedures with a focus on customer satisfaction, cost reduction, achievement of sales goals and overall performance.
- Organizes and plans outreach events in the store.
- Manages supply chain including inventory forecasting purchase orders processing and contract pricing maintenance, inbound and outbound freight negotiation, carrier selection, performance auditing, production and inventory management, supplier scorecards and chargebacks, order fulfillment execution, quality assurance, customer service performance and landed cost tracking.
- Facilitates coordination and communication between support functions.
- Monitors all activities for resolution and prevention of theft and fraud within the store and warehouse areas.
- Maintains appearance of store in accordance with brand standards and company policies.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent required: Bachelor’s degree with major in business, operations, design, or related area preferred.
- Three years of experience in design or retail environment minimum, with at least two years of that in management role required.
- Ability or aptitude to sell luxury products.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good computer skills – knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word required; Pivot table and data mining skills preferred; software experience including – Syspro ERP system & Microsoft/Apple Systems & Planning Software preferred.
- Technical knowledge of space planning and ability to use planning software preferred.
- Knowledge of the design industry including knowledge of fabrics, applications, and general design practices preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
Medical – Dental – Vision – STD – LTD – EAP – FSA – 401K – Paid Holidays – Vacation/Sick Time – Voluntary Term Life, Critical Illness, Cancer and Accident
About Gabriella White
Gabriella White, LLC, parent company to Summer Classics and Gabby, leaders in the outdoor and indoor furniture industry is a family-owned company and premier innovator, manufacturer and retailer of fine indoor and outdoor furniture since 1978. Our products are beautiful, functional, long lasting, comfortable, high quality, and unique.
At Gabriella White, we deeply believe in the need for a solid foundation of values. We strive to create and maintain an environment focused on our customers and our people. Our Company Culture is based on our Core Values: Dedication – Enthusiasm – Synergy – Integrity – Goal-oriented – Nimble. Our Company Purpose is to be relentless about making Life’s Best Moments…Furnished.™
Check out this job at Summer Classics: Retail Assistant Store Manager
Top of the Hill Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry
Orthodontic Assistant and Dental Office Manager
We are looking for a competent orthodontic assistant who will make the orthodontist’s office more efficient and pleasant for patients. You’ll ensure excellent customer service and lift basic dental tasks off the orthodontist’s shoulders. Orthodontic assistants should be well-organized with great attention to detail. You should be able to follow instructions and respect dental office regulations. We want you to be skilled in providing direct or indirect patient care and able to make office procedures as smooth as possible. Being a team player is essential.
Dental office manager
We are now hiring a full-time office manager for our orthodontic and pediatric dental office! Our doctors are a husband and wife team, and we strive to create a family atmosphere throughout the practice. Our office is state-of-the-art with modern technology. To be successful, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. The office manager will ensure that the front desk team welcomes patients positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. Responsibilities include greeting and scheduling patients, verifying dental insurance, collecting estimated co-pays and filing dental insurance claims. The office manager will also coordinate the schedules of dental assistants to help the practice run smoothly. Experience preferred, but we are happy to train the right candidate.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact: email@example.com
Welcome to SALON MARYAM
We have stations for experienced stylists in a newly remodeled bright, modern space.
We are located in chestnut Hill beautiful neighborhood that offers plenty of parking along with shops/cafes/restaurants within walking distance.
My name is Maryam, I have incorporated my years of experience into every detail of the salon.
Stop in anytime or you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-247-9299 for more details
8131 Germantown Avenue
Queenie’s Pets ®
Dog Walkers & Pet Sitters
- Please contact: email@example.com
Part-Time Retail Sales/Design Asociate
Part-Time Retail Sales / Design Associate
Assisting customers with custom furniture orders throughout the entire design process
Responding to phone and e-mail inquiries and requests
Managing and following up with customer leads
On-going communications with customers throughout the sales process and though delivery
Ringing up sales of in-stock merchandise
Qualified applicants will have:
Relative retail sales experience in a furniture or interiors-based home store
Knowledge of Interior Design with a background or education in design preferred
Excellent communication and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
A confident, personable, and professional attitude
The desire to work as part of team
A flexible schedule and the ability to work on weekends
The willingness to work in either HOST location
Comfort with technology and Apple based computer systems
Current store hours in both locations are Tuesday-Saturday 11am to 6pm, with the possibility of adding more days in the future.
Part-Time Associate will ideally work a full shift during open hours from 11am-6pm and be available 3-4 days per week.
While the ability to work in either HOST location is required, team members are typically scheduled in one location per day/shift, and we strive for a consistent weekly schedule. Occasionally due to client and designer appointments we may need to change locations around for adequate coverage, so location flexibility is desirable.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cuddles N Care
Job Opening for Assistant Teachers
Qualifications: Must have a CDA or High School diploma with at least 2-3 years
experience. Also, must be willing to complete ALL clearances ( FBI, Criminal,
National Sex Offenders Registry, and Child Abuse. In addition, must be willing
to complete class or workshops each year to obtain necessary credits for DPW.
Personality: Must be professional at ALL times. Have to have a child/family
friendly attiitude. Also, must be creative, hardworking, team player, flexible,
warm and affectionate person.
Hours: 7a.m to 1:30 p.m. Or 3 p.m. To 6.p.m. Being flexible is helpful.
Location: Cuddles-N-Care Day Care Center
7707 Germantown Ave.
Chestnut Hill PA 19118
Contact Person: Marlo King
Chestnut Hill Brewing Company
Servers, Bartenders, Server Assistants, Food Runners, Bussers, Hosts, Expeditors, Line Cooks and Pizza Makers- Part Time and Full Time
Do You Love Craft Beer, Wood-Fired Pizza, and Dogs as Much as We Do?
Come join our awesome fun-loving team in Chestnut Hill, PA, Philadelphia!
We are ready to grow and teach our team to be more amazing than ever! We are looking to add YOU to our team!
Are you someone who loves our community? Loves working with others? Loves working in a fast paced, friendly environment? We want you!
The Chestnut Hill Brewing Company Perks
- You get to work in a fun & positive environment.
- You get continuous training and learning not only for the restaurant, but personal growth as well.
- You will have opportunities for advancement.
Who we’re looking for to be on our team!
- You are a person who loves to work as a team with others.
- You love to work with guests and helping them feel welcome.
- You are a person who can work in a high paced environment.
- You are a person who likes to keep a clean and organized work area.
- You are a person who can follow instruction and written instruction (like checklists and recipes).
What requirements will be expected
- You will come to work with a good attitude and ready to work with the team.
About Chestnut Hill Brewing Company
We are a locally, family- owned hip & cool craft brewery, that is heavily community involved.
We believe in high-quality & fresh ingredients. We make our own craft beer on site, wood-fired pizza, and vegan-friendly pub fare-everything fresh daily!
We also believe in the team concept and working together! We completely believe that Chestnut Hill Brewing Company wouldn’t be what it is today without an amazing team! One team!
We are offering opportunities (part time and full time) for Servers, Bartenders, Server Assistants, Food Runners, Bussers, Hosts, Expeditors, Line Cooks and Pizza Makers to join our Guest Services and Culinary Teams!
Contact Lindsey Pete
- Please contact: email@example.com