Visitor Experience Staff
The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania (located in Chestnut Hill) is hiring Visitor Experience Staff to assist the many guests (over 130,000 a year!) who visit the garden.
Visitor Experience Staff greet visitors, handle admissions and parking, run the gift shop, answer questions, sell memberships, and assist guests wherever possible.
VE Staff are the face of the Morris Arboretum and a vital part of the team, ensuring a memorable, positive experience for our guests. As such, VE Staff must be professional, reliable, friendly, and have exceptional customer service skills. They must also be comfortable working with computers, handling money, working outside, and standing for extended periods of time. Flexibility, working well under pressure, a sense of humor, and a strong sense of teamwork are also beneficial skills to have for this role.
This is a wonderful opportunity to support a world-renowned Arboretum, enjoy a flexible schedule, and work with amazing people.
This is a year-round, part-time (approximately 8-16 hour/week), paid position with variable hours, including weekdays, weekends and some holidays. Having your own transportation is helpful, as the Arboretum is not near public transportation.
Pay Rate: $11-12/hour
To apply, please send your resume and a letter of interest or brief summary about why you are interested in and qualified for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact: email@example.com
Louie’s Little Hut
Kitchen/Front Counter Position
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery & Frame Shoppe
Part Time Worker
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery, a thriving Art Gallery and custom framing business located in the heart of historic Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, is seeking a personable and professional part-time Gallery Associate to fulfill an integral position in the Gallery. The idea candidate will have a Fine Arts background, strong computer and people skills and will be able to multitask and work autonomously. Self-motivation is a must. Experience with custom framing intake a plus. This position requires regular weekend hours as well as occasional evening events.
- Fine Art/Art History background
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits
- Experience/interest in working with public – custom framing retail experience a plus!
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Greet Customers and answer phones
- Assist customers in selecting molding, mats and glass, etc.
- Assist customers in purchasing art and framing pickups
- Retail sales – responsible for invoice write-ups for framing/renovation, art sales, etc.
Art Related and Exhibits
- Complete artist contracts
- Assist owner with exhibit hangings
- Work with owner to create exhibit postcards
- Familiarize self with Gallery artists
- Attend exhibits (roughly once a month) – assist with food prep and set up, clean up, wine pouring and talking with customers
- Create wall tags for all pieces in Gallery exhibits
- Work with artists to get digital photos and biographical information for exhibits
Communications and Database/Web Updating
- Enter new email addresses in Chestnut Hill Gallery group lists for mailings
- Mail and email Press Releases approximately 3 weeks before exhibit
- Keep website, Facebook and Instagram accounts updated with current exhibits/artists
- Label and post cards for artist’s reception (approximately two to three weeks before exhibit)
- Excel mailing list updating
- Constant Contact – create and schedule emails, newsletters and ads
- Maintain Artists Bio/Photo book for public viewing (without artist contracts)
- Create system for categorizing artwork and Gallery location
- Call: 215-248-2549
Chestnut Hill Brewing Company
Pizza Cook/Assistant Pizza Chef
We are seeking a pizza cook/assistant pizza chef (ideally, with some experience) to help with all aspects of our small, start-up wood-fired Neapolitan pizza business.
This is a great chance to learn the secrets of making excellent neapolitan wood-fired pizza from a very experienced and talented chef. The pizza cook/assistant pizza chef will help with everything including food prep, making the dough, stretching the dough, topping the dough, using the wood-fired oven, taking food orders, and cleaning. The ideal candidate is passionate about pizza, cooking, takes direction well, works well with others, takes initiative, and is positive. Pizza and/or cooking experience is preferred, but not required. The position is initially part-time, but could turn into full time. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey@chbrewing.com and a brief note explaining why you are the best candidate.
- Please contact: Lindsey@chbrewing.com
Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe
Work at Paris Bistro
Paris Bistro is hiring for all positions front and back of house.
Top of the Hill Café
Kitchen and Front Counter Positions
Top of the Hill Café, a small family run restaurant on Evergreen Avenue, is looking to fill full and part time positions in our kitchen and at the front counter.
The Kitchen Position involves making salads, sandwiches, cleaning food prep and other duties. Some experience is preferable, but not necessary.
The Front Counter Position involves taking orders, using a cash register, refilling the food case and an ability to communicate well with other staff and with our customers.
We are open 7 days a week; Mon-Sat 8 – 6 and Sundays 10-4. All attempts will be made to coordinate with school schedules when possible.
Please stop in at 184 East Evergreen Ave. and bring your resume. Call Brettany at 215-248-6009 to set up a day and time to come in for an interview.
- Call: 215-248-6009
Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe
Servers, Cook and Hosts
Openings for servers, hosts and bussers at a popular Chestnut Hill restaurant. Must apply in person after 11 a.m.
They need to be able to work weekends and into the Fall/Winter season. (We are not looking for summer help)