Rental Manager (Part-Time)
Rental Manager (Part-Time)
The Morris Arboretum, which is located in Chestnut Hill and hosts over 80 weddings and evening events a year, is in search of a part time Rental Manager.
The Rental Manager acts as the primary liaison for all of our evening rental clients – from contract signing through the actual event. S/He communicates with clients regarding planning, policies, problem-solving and payments.
In addition to being the primary contact for rental clients, the Rental Manager will also:
– Act as a liaison with the Arboretum’s approved caterers.
– Provide rental tours to potential clients.
– Assist with scheduling the Arboretum’s on-site rental event staff.
The role requires:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Proven experience with customer service, particularly in an area where emotions run high and there is a need to balance exceptional customer service with the policies/procedures of an organization.
– The ability to navigate tough situations in a calm, proactive manner.
– A flexible schedule that includes weekday, weekend, and evening hours. And the willingness to be the Arboretum’s on-site manager for weddings at least once a month during the season (April through October).
– Attention to detail.
This is a part-time position, averaging 19 hours a week (more during the wedding season, less in the off season). Pay rate: $17.50/hour.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
George Woodward Co.
|Geroge Woodward Co. is a property management company that manages over 100 residential and commercial properties. Our company is currently looking for a responsible individual with professional experience to fill the role of Property Manager. The Property Manager will have the responsibilities of managing the daily operations of a repair and maintenance crew, maintaining our properties, enforcing leases, and ensuring the proper care and maintenance of properties in accordance with our policies and procedures and in the best interests of the owners.|
|Tasks will include:|
|1.||Lead maintenance team and ensure proper response and handling of all emergencies with tenants, contractors and buildings, etc. keeping within company guidelines to minimize liabilities.|
|2.||Direct daily operations to fully utilize maintenance crew|
|3.||Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with maintenance crew.|
|4.||Provide support to maintenance crew and encourage team work.|
|5.||Direct maintenance crew to follow a “safety first” principle.|
|6.||Confirm that maintenance crew techniques are effective.|
|7.||Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.|
|8.||Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, and leadership.|
|9.||Ensure all personnel issues are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, time sheets, etc.).|
|10.||Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.|
|11.||Plan weekly/daily office support staff schedules and assignments.|
|12.||Maintaining records of work.|
|13.||Preparing budgets for property repairs.|
|14.||Continually monitor budgets and keep within guidelines.|
|15.||Constant communications with contractors and crew.|
|16.||Ensure contractor invoices are correct.|
|17.||Ensure work is properly completed as described.|
|18.||Ensure property is prepared for new tenants.|
|19.||Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are completed on a timely basis.|
|20.||Complete regular property inspections.|
|21.||Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.|
|22.||Communicate regularly with supervisor.|
|23.||Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.|
|Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site experience as a Property Manager, Construction Supervisor or Leasing Manager; will consider 3 years supervisory experience in a real estate or construction related business with appropriate references. The ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.|
|1.||Knowledge or interest in classical 20th century buildings|
|2.||Must be able to effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group.|
|3.||Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to function in a positive manner under all circumstances.|
|4.||Ability to work alongside maintenance crew as needed or as directed by supervisor.|
|5.||Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point as well as ability to learn software applications.|
|6.||Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.|
|7.||Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.|
|8.||Be able to work evenings and weekends.|
|9.||Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present in the community.|
|10.||Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.|
|11.||Successfully pass a background check.|
|Good attendance is imperative.|
|▪ Tenacity & Enthusiasm|
Please send resume and salary requirements to employment@georgewoodwardco.
- Please contact: email@example.com
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Sales Associate (Seasonal, Full Time)
Sales Associate (Seasonal, Full Time)
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is seeking a full time, Seasonal Sales Associate to join its sales team for the opening of PAFA Northwest, a pop-up shop on Germantown Avenue in Chestnut Hill. The pop-up shop will serve as a combination gallery, museum shop and educational space that will offer unique PAFA merchandise and student artwork for sale, and host an array of lectures and hands-on workshops for adults, children and families. The pop-up shop will be open through the holiday season, with the possibility for extended hours through early spring.
Reporting to the Retail Manager, this position will have a collaborative role optimizing the visitors’ store experience, driving revenue, and fostering a professional and positive environment. Sales Associates are central to the daily and weekly store goals and engaging, cultivating, and building a base of repeat customers. Sales Associates may be assigned to receiving and store replenishment and must be able to lift 20 pounds. Sales Associates maintain an organized and pristine workspace.
Candidates must be able to work Wednesday – Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
- Provide exemplary customer service and sell merchandise.
- Operate retail technology systems including customer check-out and closing procedures.
- Adhere to strict cash handling procedures.
- Manage and/or execute timely merchandise flow, replenishment, and recovery.
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Prior sales experience in a similar setting.
- Experience with retail POS systems is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter with hourly requirements, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 215-972-6194, or mail to Human Resources, 128 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19102. Please include “Seasonal Sales FT” in the subject line. The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates for all positions. PAFA encourages members of all diverse groups to seek employment with us.
Chestnut Hill Business District
Executive Director Job Description
Chestnut Hill Business District
Executive Director Job Description
The Chestnut Hill Business District is hiring an Executive Director to move the vision for Chestnut Hill’s Business Community forward through the implementation of the Keystone Communities Strategy, 2015 Streetscape Plan, and additional strategies to continue building a thriving business community within Philadelphia’s Garden District. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, retail and marketing experience, ability to manage multiple projects, and a proven track record in building partnerships and fundraising. For a detailed job description, please click here.
- Please contact: email@example.com
Louie’s Little Hut
Front Counter, Dish, Prep Positions
Perfect for college students or anyone looking for part-time work in a fun, beach-inspired atmosphere.
Please respond by email with resume or related work experience at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact: email@example.com
Vice President of Development
Blossom Philadelphia (formerly United Cerebral Palsy of Philadelphia & Vicinity) seeks to hire a qualified Vice President of Development who will provide visionary leadership and strategic direction for all of the organization’s advancement activities and for the staff who comprise the development and communications team.
The mission of Blossom Philadelphia is to help people with disabilities create the life they want to live. Located in the heart of Philadelphia’s Chestnut Hill neighborhood, the organization has deep history dating back to 1946 when six parents from Philadelphia came together to make a better life for their children who had been born with cerebral palsy. These parents believed their children deserved more out of life and, together, set out to change the lives of people with disabilities. Today, the organization’s strategic focus on a culture of learning continues to fulfill this mission.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President will work in close collaboration with the CEO and the Board of Directors to develop key solicitation strategies for high level donors and to promote the involvement of community leaders and other advocates in enhancing the image and visibility of Blossom Philadelphia’sfundraising programs that include major gifts, grants, direct response, and special events. Responsibilities also include oversight of all external communications and publications. Most importantly, the new Vice President of Development will manage and further cultivate relationships with individuals and the community at large, setting the stage for a future capital campaign.
• Establish and implement a major gift program.
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Chief Executive Officer and Board.
• Lead Blossom Philadelphia brand building and oversee brand integrity.
• Assign responsibility to staff and coordinate Board activity related to major gift development.
• Develop and manage program of personal solicitation and cultivation of donors.
• Excellent and persuasive communicator
• Identify contributors to special project funds and supporters of ongoing activities.
• Develop methods and materials to educate and steward potential contributors.
• Research individuals, agencies and foundations to identify funding sources.
• Plan and oversee annual and planned giving programs.
• Oversee the maintenance of the information database and the acknowledgment and stewardship of gifts.
• Oversee staff who plan and implement fundraising events and public relations initiatives.
• Maintain knowledge of Blossom Philadelphia, its full range of programs, activities and therapeutic/rehabilitative interventions.
• Take action in the best interest of Blossom Philadelphia with respect to community relations (within and outside of the organization), volunteer efforts and services, gifts and fundraising from public and private sources.
In addition, the Vice President of Development will administer the public relations activities, including the following:
• Manage the development of public relations materials to enhance the organization’s image and promote the major gifts fundraising program.
• Develop and implement strategies to increase community awareness of Blossom Philadelphia.
• Oversee the dissemination of the semi-annual newsletter to inform donors and prospects about Blossom Philadelphia.
• Make presentations, arrange conferences and assist Board members, volunteers and staff in informing targeted audiences about Blossom and opportunities to support its work.
• Manage the production of print and multimedia materials to promote Blossom Philadelphia.
• Oversee the development of the agency’s website and social media efforts.
The Vice President of Development will perform the following administrative/leadership functions:
• Establish fundraising goals with the CEO and Board, develop and implement strategic objectives to raise funds and awareness.
• Establish policies and procedures for Development, public relations and volunteer activities.
• Attend meetings of Board of Directors, Development Committee, Leadership Team and Senior Staff.
• Propose and manage approved annual budget for Development office operations and activities.
• Manage and direct comprehensive Development office, incorporating direct mail appeals, face-to-face solicitations, special events, planned giving, targeted approaches to private and public funding sources, and appeals for specific needs (such as capital funds, major gifts, endowment funds, corporate and in-kind support to build and maintain a strong funding base with diversified sources).
• Bachelor’s degree required,
• A minimum of eight years fundraising expertise (preferably more) hands on experience including all aspects of marketing, publicity, and corporate communications.
• Proven track record of securing large gifts ($100,000 to $1 million).
• Proven track record of engagement and relationship building with local, state, and federal agencies
• Proven track record of engagement with public/private partnership agreements.
• Develop and maintain key external-facing collateral including website, print, digital, and video content.
• Ability to manage donor database systems proactively and robustly
• Confident, articulate communicator with excellent writing skills and a strong social skills;
• Energy and passion for the mission of Blossom Philadelphia;
• Polished presentation and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to inspire and motivate both donors and colleagues;
• Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising or relevant sales experience;
• Knowledge of the moves management process of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
• An understanding of fundraising, solicitation or sales strategies for a targeted audience;
• Experience leading staff in a collegial and team-oriented fashion;
• Experience managing budgets;
• Goal oriented, with the ability to develop and drive ideas from conception to completion.
Specifications: To comply with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the essential duties of the job such as seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include frequent or occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe
Paris Bistro is looking for a great bartender! Experienced, hospitality focused, professional sought for busy, upscale bistro bar. Great team atmosphere, flexible schedule, opportunity for advancement within the company and room to offer creative input. Please send resume to email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
State Farm – Steven R. Breinlinger
Do you have aspirations to run your own business? If so, you may want to consider working in the office of Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Agent. As a member of our agency team, you have an opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to be a State Farm Agent..
A career with great work life balance, salary and commission. This is a teaching office where you will master the art of sales and hopefully become an agent for StateFarm someday if you choose. I have made it my mission to grow people’s careers.
When this job is done right, you will make a difference in your life, your customer’s life and your family’s life.
You will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote State Farm products including auto, home and life insurance
Many people say, “My only regret is not doing this sooner.”
Please Contact Steven Breinlinger
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery & Frame Shoppe
Part Time Worker
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery, a thriving Art Gallery and custom framing business located in the heart of historic Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, is seeking a personable and professional part-time Gallery Associate to fulfill an integral position in the Gallery. The idea candidate will have a Fine Arts background, strong computer and people skills and will be able to multitask and work autonomously. Self-motivation is a must. Experience with custom framing intake a plus. This position requires regular weekend hours as well as occasional evening events.
- Fine Art/Art History background
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits
- Experience/interest in working with public – custom framing retail experience a plus!
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Greet Customers and answer phones
- Assist customers in selecting molding, mats and glass, etc.
- Assist customers in purchasing art and framing pickups
- Retail sales – responsible for invoice write-ups for framing/renovation, art sales, etc.
Art Related and Exhibits
- Complete artist contracts
- Assist owner with exhibit hangings
- Work with owner to create exhibit postcards
- Familiarize self with Gallery artists
- Attend exhibits (roughly once a month) – assist with food prep and set up, clean up, wine pouring and talking with customers
- Create wall tags for all pieces in Gallery exhibits
- Work with artists to get digital photos and biographical information for exhibits
Communications and Database/Web Updating
- Enter new email addresses in Chestnut Hill Gallery group lists for mailings
- Mail and email Press Releases approximately 3 weeks before exhibit
- Keep website, Facebook and Instagram accounts updated with current exhibits/artists
- Label and post cards for artist’s reception (approximately two to three weeks before exhibit)
- Excel mailing list updating
- Constant Contact – create and schedule emails, newsletters and ads
- Maintain Artists Bio/Photo book for public viewing (without artist contracts)
- Create system for categorizing artwork and Gallery location
- Call: 215-248-2549
The Co-op Shop
Barbers and Stylists
- Please contact: email@example.com
3000 BC Spa
Licensed Massage Therapist
We are an award winning spa that is rapidly growing and we our looking for talented Massage therapists who are motivated, self starters. 1-3 years of massage experience in a spa or medical setting is preferred but not required. The ideal candidates are positive, flexible, detail oriented, organized and dependable team players. Pennsylvania License is REQUIRED.
What you can expect from us:Competitive payCommission on retail sales and the sale of series packages.Medical, dental, and optical insurance, as well as paid vacation and holidays for full-time employees.Monthly employee appreciation days — 40-50% off products, free lunch.If you’re a responsible individual looking to be part of a great team and are interested in the 3000BC philosophy, please reply to this post with your resume and cover letter attention to Spa Coordinator, Robin Neary or Fax resume to 215-247-6036.NO PHONE CALLS TO SPA PLEASE.
3000 BC Spa
3000BC Spa is seeking a Part-Time Licensed Medical Esthetician to add to our team! Our business continues to grow which requires that we add to our team. Ideally we are looking for someone to work part time 2-3 days per week with potential for full time. Nights and weekend availability preferred as business continues to grow.
The ideal candidates are positive, proactive team players who demonstrate a strong work ethic. Must possess a proven track record of sales/ retail excellence/savvy, business driven individuals with the entrepreneurial spirit to build and cultivate their clientele! Must be able to assess skin conditions and effectively direct patients into treatment and home care programs.What We Offer:
50% OFF services
Chestnut Hill Hotel
Pizza Cook/Assistant Pizza Chef
We are seeking a pizza cook/assistant pizza chef (ideally, with some experience) to help with all aspects of our small, start-up wood-fired Neapolitan pizza business.
This is a great chance to learn the secrets of making excellent neapolitan wood-fired pizza from a very experienced and talented chef. The pizza cook/assistant pizza chef will help with everything including food prep, making the dough, stretching the dough, topping the dough, using the wood-fired oven, taking food orders, and cleaning. The ideal candidate is passionate about pizza, cooking, takes direction well, works well with others, takes initiative, and is positive. Pizza and/or cooking experience is preferred, but not required. The position is initially part-time, but could turn into full time. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey@chbrewing.com and a brief note explaining why you are the best candidate.
- Please contact: Lindsey@chbrewing.com
Chestnut Hill Music Academy
Openings for Music Teachers
You must be extremely professional and reliable once a schedule is established. You must also be organized and have great people skills. Send a cover letter with the reasons why you will make a great teacher and a resume that includes teaching experience and education. Competitive hourly rate.
El Quetzal is Now Hiring
Assistant Manager-Chestnut Hill Location:
Full time, weekend and holidays availability with one year minimum commitment.
– Manage and motivate excellent customer service
– Inventory management
– Social media administration
– Staff supervision
– Merchandising and marketing
– Communicate performance observations and offer feedback to Store Management Team
– Manage and/or perform opening and closing routine.
Must apply in person
8427 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
The Antique Gallery
Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe
Work at Paris Bistro
Paris Bistro is hiring for all positions front and back of house.
Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe
Part time baker
The Night Kitchen Bakery is looking for a part time baker to work the early morning shift on Saturdays and Sundays or Sundays and Mondays. There will also be a few hours on Fridays through June.
If you are interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have at least a year of professional baking experience. Feel free to share!
- Please contact: email@example.com
Top of the Hill Café
Kitchen and Front Counter Positions
Top of the Hill Café, a small family run restaurant on Evergreen Avenue, is looking to fill full and part time positions in our kitchen and at the front counter.
The Kitchen Position involves making salads, sandwiches, cleaning food prep and other duties. Some experience is preferable, but not necessary.
The Front Counter Position involves taking orders, using a cash register, refilling the food case and an ability to communicate well with other staff and with our customers.
We are open 7 days a week; Mon-Sat 8 – 6 and Sundays 10-4. All attempts will be made to coordinate with school schedules when possible.
Please stop in at 184 East Evergreen Ave. and bring your resume. Call Brettany at 215-248-6009 to set up a day and time to come in for an interview.
- Call: 215-248-6009
Ten Thousand Villages
Part-time Sales Associate
Join the oldest and largest Fair Trade retail network in North America. Ten Thousand Villages markets hand-crafts made by Artisan groups from over 30 developing countries. Ten Thousand Villages has more than 70 non-profit retail stores throughout the U.S.
Chestnut Hill location is seeking an individual with retail sales and service experience, a commitment to our global mission and outstanding people skills. Applicants must be available on weekends and during holidays.
Interested applicants should visit our store at 8331 Germantown Avenue, please see the Store Manager for an application.
Water and Rock Studio
Water and Rock Studio in Chestnut Hill Philadelphia is hiring experienced, professional, well credentialed, and friendly:
- Yoga Instructors
- Functional Fitness Instructors
- Martial Arts and Self-Defense Instructors
- Personal Trainers
If interested, please contract:
Chestnut Hill College
FLS International Chestnut Hill is looking for host families for our international students.
Host Family Requirements:
- Provide a furnished single or twin room with bed, desk, closet
- Provide two meals per day (self-serve breakfast and sit-down dinner)
- Live within 45 minutes of school (Chestnut Hill College) by public transportation
- Help improve students’ English language skills through conversation and sharing local culture
If you are interested in becoming a host family or would like additional information please contact FLS International:
$700 per month- Single room per student
$650 per month- Twin room per student
Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe
Servers, Busers and Hosts
Openings for busers, servers and hosts at a popular Chestnut Hill restaurant. Must apply in person after 11 a.m.