Chestnut Hill Business District
Are you passionate about Chestnut Hill and interested in shaping the future of retail on its commercial corridor? The Chestnut Hill Business District is seeking a new professional to lead its successful retail recruitment program.
Position Summary: The Retail Recruiter is responsible for attracting new commercial tenants to the Chestnut Hill Business District through proactive retail recruitment and promoting the success of businesses through membership retention activities.
Reports to: Executive Director
Staff Management Responsibilities: None
- Business Improvement District (approximately 65% of time)
- Proactively identify potential tenants for available commercial properties in the Chestnut Hill Business District through research, prospecting visits to other business districts, and professional contacts.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and execute a Retail Recruitment Plan which identifies and prioritizes recruitment goals.
- Serve as the point of contact between building owners, real estate representatives, and prospective tenants
- Maintain a property database and tenant prospect list, working with local landlords and real estate professionals to stay abreast of available properties.
- Highlight the advantages of a Chestnut Hill location and the characteristics of specific locations on the commercial corridor.
- Assist in the production of retail recruitment marketing material for Chestnut Hill
- Work with prospective retailers from initial contact through commitment
- Proactively disseminate urban design guidelines from the Joint CHBD/CHCA Streetscape Committee to new and existing merchants in order to preserve Chestnut Hill’s design aesthetic and promote compliance with review processes.
- Business Association (approximately 35% of time)
- Recruit new businesses to join the CHBA. Serve as the initial point of contact for promoting CHBA Membership to new businesses, handing off members to other staff upon initiation.
- Introduce new business owners/managers to neighboring merchants and provide information on opportunities to engage with the CHBA
- Promote CHBA member retention though periodic visits and communication with members, and assisting staff in responding to member concerns and questions
- Assist in connecting new business owners and property owners to applicable funding sources, such as The Merchant Fund, the city’s Storefront Improvement Program, and the Business Security Camera Program.
- Facilitate the CHBA’s Retail Committee to promote networking, collaboration, and development of new ideas among retail businesses.
Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in real estate, retail recruitment and management, leasing, or related fields
- Experience in one or more of: real estate, retail recruitment and management, leasing, sales, small business ownership/management, public relations, design, and related disciplines
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, build support among stakeholders, listen, and provide assistance
- Coalition-building skills, including the ability to motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of action
- Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Existing relevant professional networks in the region are a plus
- Must be able to travel regionally for retail recruitment and able to conduct property showings in Chestnut Hill
- Outgoing, personable, professional, diplomatic
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, and a tenacious, positive attitude
- Able to work independently outside of a traditional office environment and outside of traditional business hours
- Ability to quickly respond to opportunities and adapt to changes in real estate leasing plans
- Creativity, innovation, problem solving, negotiation
Applicants should submit resumes and cover letters to Philip Dawson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe
Full-time Counter Worker
The Night Kitchen Bakery and Cafe is seeking full time counter workers. Duties include serving customers, making coffee drinks, carrying cakes to customer’s cars and providing exceptional customer service.
Barista experience is a plus and 1 to 2 years experience in an upscale cafe, bakery or coffee shop is required.
We are looking for hard workers who love making people happy!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $10.50 per hour
Baker Street Bread Company
Saturday Office Help
Saturday office help 8-12 pm
Afternoon Fridays 3-5 pm . answering phone , computer skills a must , Reliable person, detail oriented
Call the office 215-248-2500. Ask for Carrie or Katie
- Call: 215-248-2500
Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe
Apply in person at Chestnut Grill 8299 Germantown Avenue
The Bone Appetite
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time position
Part time position available in a happy store! Looking for mature individual with some retail experience (although the right candidate can be trained!) Very flexible schedule as hours will change weekly. This position is more of a “pinch hitter where needed week to week and will include weekend hours . So, if you have time available and are looking to work a few hours a week (sometimes more, sometimes less)- give Beth a ring at 215.242.0200
- Call: 215.242.0200
Queenie’s Pets LLC
Dog Walkers and Pet Sitters
- Call: 215-248-9999
Queenie’s Pets is hiring a part-time (3-5 hours/week) delivery driver to deliver pet food and supplies to its customers across the NorthWest Philadelphia neighborhoods as well as the neighboring suburbs.
- your own, insured vehicle
- age 18 or over
- working familiarity with the neighborhoods to ensure expediency as well as efficiency.
- physically capable of lifting up to 40 lbs repetitively, and carry potentially heavy products up and down household staircases.
- Attention to detail
- positive, service-minded attitude.
- love of pets and their humans
- safe driving record
Candidate would pick up deliveries at Queenie’s Pets on Tuesday afternoons/Wednesday mornings and make deliveries. Additional hours would be as add-on orders come in, and the timing of these is to be determined and has some flexibility.
Job available immediately.
Queenie’s Pets LLC
Queenie’s PetsⓇ is a professional pet care and pet retail storefront in Northwest Philadelphia. Our dynamic team has been Making the Lives of Pets and Their Humans BetterⓇ since 2006. We believe in the importance of being caring team players, who are detail-oriented with a high level of integrity and pride in the services we provide to every client, every time.
Choosing to care for pets as a profession is a choice made with focus and attention. We at Queenie’s are far more than just “the other end of the leash.” We embrace the practice of care for animals that is force-free, fear-free, and stress-free. It is the embodiment of this belief system that is at the core of the services and retail options we provide.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant who is a team player with strong organizational and time management skills that is eager to learn and grow with an appreciation of our mission as a company. The Administrative Assistant at Queenie’s PetsⓇ is the first face people see when they enter the store and the first voice they hear when they call. This position is PART-TIME with the potential for growth into full-time. The successful candidate will have a bright and cheerful attitude, a strong knowledge of general office processes, and will be responsible for the following:
- Extremely detailed data entry (a working knowledge of Google For Business is preferred)
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the office and storefront
- Product inventory
- Client data and relationship management
- Onboarding documentation and organization for both clients and staff
- Social media posts/Email management
- Greeting customers and working knowledge of products in the store
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience and understanding of Google For Business (preferred)
- 2+ years of administrative and/or retail experience
- Extraordinary customer service
- Working knowledge of and love for animals
- At least 21 years of age
- Availability to work 5-6 days a week including some evenings and weekends
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $12.00 per hour
Will be discussed during the interview process.
Queenie’s Pets is a professional dog walking and pet sitting company out of Northwest Philadelphia. Our eclectic team of hardworking caregivers have been making the lives of pets and their humans better since 2006. We believe in the importance of being caring team players, who are detail oriented and have a high level of integrity and pride in the services we provide.
Choosing to care for pets as a profession is a choice made with focus and attention. We at Queenie’s are far more than just “the other end of the leash.” We embody the practice of care for animals that is force-free, fear-free, and pain free. We believe in the importance of continued education and staying up to speed on best practices in positive reinforcement care for dogs.
While full-time employees generally work 40 hours per week, hours vary based on the needs of our clients and our company operates 24/7/365 so some holiday, weekend, evening, and overnight work is required by ALL team members on a rotational basis.
If you’re head-over-heels in love with pets and you’re looking for a career that is unlike any you’ve had, gets you outside and enjoying life, and allows you to spend all your time with furry friends, big and small, Queenie’s Pets is the company for you!
75% of Queenie’s business is made up of daily dog walks. We are currently looking for someone who is an active, caring, team player with pure commitment, a big heart, flexibility, empathy, professionalism, whilst still being a tremendous amount of fun! Exceptional time management is key to be successful in this position. Our full-time caregivers are responsible for juggling a schedule of +/-10 dog walks a day, following all policies and procedures regarding the care and transport of dogs, and keeping/submitting records of their work every day.
Salary: $20-40,000/year (Full-Time)
- Prior experience caring for animals would be great, but not necessary – just a genuine love for animals and a willingness to learn a lot in a short span of time!
- Valid driver’s license
- Must own a reliable vehicle, have a clean driving record & proof of current car insurance
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Must be very flexible and extremely dependable
- Smartphone with available data plan
- Physically capable of being active for 5+ hours a day in all types of weather and able to lift at least 50lbs
- Exceptional time management skills
- Must be able to do occasional overnight care (stay overnight in a client’s home from 8pm until 8am)
- Be able to commit to a long-term working relationship (this is not a temporary or seasonal position and is _ not a job where you can just “call out” on a given day)._
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applicants from every walk of life. We celebrate the diversity of our staff strongly!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
We have put in place a number of health and safety protocols for our caregivers and our clients to follow. All Queenie’s caregivers are also required to wear a mask while entering and exiting homes and are outfitted with health and safety kits.
Retail Assistant Store Manager
About the job
We are seeking a dynamic Retail Assistant Store Manager for our Chestnut Hill, PA SC Home Retail Showroom. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and design as well as a dedication and enthusiasm for great service including providing a compelling experience, follow through and product knowledge.
- Coordinates, manages, and monitors staff to ensure adherence to pre-established policies and procedures with a focus on customer satisfaction, cost reduction, achievement of sales goals and overall performance.
- Organizes and plans outreach events in the store.
- Manages supply chain including inventory forecasting purchase orders processing and contract pricing maintenance, inbound and outbound freight negotiation, carrier selection, performance auditing, production and inventory management, supplier scorecards and chargebacks, order fulfillment execution, quality assurance, customer service performance and landed cost tracking.
- Facilitates coordination and communication between support functions.
- Monitors all activities for resolution and prevention of theft and fraud within the store and warehouse areas.
- Maintains appearance of store in accordance with brand standards and company policies.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent required: Bachelor’s degree with major in business, operations, design, or related area preferred.
- Three years of experience in design or retail environment minimum, with at least two years of that in management role required.
- Ability or aptitude to sell luxury products.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good computer skills – knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word required; Pivot table and data mining skills preferred; software experience including – Syspro ERP system & Microsoft/Apple Systems & Planning Software preferred.
- Technical knowledge of space planning and ability to use planning software preferred.
- Knowledge of the design industry including knowledge of fabrics, applications, and general design practices preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
Medical – Dental – Vision – STD – LTD – EAP – FSA – 401K – Paid Holidays – Vacation/Sick Time – Voluntary Term Life, Critical Illness, Cancer and Accident
About Gabriella White
Gabriella White, LLC, parent company to Summer Classics and Gabby, leaders in the outdoor and indoor furniture industry is a family-owned company and premier innovator, manufacturer and retailer of fine indoor and outdoor furniture since 1978. Our products are beautiful, functional, long lasting, comfortable, high quality, and unique.
At Gabriella White, we deeply believe in the need for a solid foundation of values. We strive to create and maintain an environment focused on our customers and our people. Our Company Culture is based on our Core Values: Dedication – Enthusiasm – Synergy – Integrity – Goal-oriented – Nimble. Our Company Purpose is to be relentless about making Life’s Best Moments…Furnished.™
Check out this job at Summer Classics: Retail Assistant Store Manager
Chestnut Hill Hospital
Patient Service Representative
Chestnut Hill Hospital – Tower Health is Hiring! Search available jobs or submit your resume now by visiting this link. Please share with anyone you feel would be a great fit.
Artisans on the Avenue
Artisans on the Avenue is seeking help with their e-commerce
- Please contact: email@example.com
Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill
PCCH Preschool, A project-based progressive and inclusive learning environment located for 70 years in Chestnut Hill, is in need of substitute teachers. We are looking for people with some childcare experience who can provide clearances to work with children.
Payment is $60 per morning from 8:30 AM to noon or $120 from 8:30 AM to 3 PM. Interested parties should email Carla DiOrio at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact: email@example.com
Chestnut Hill Dental, Dr. Robin Gallagher
Two Full Time Positions
Local Dental Practice currently seeking to fill 2 Full Time positions.
An experienced Full Time Dental Assistant & a Front Desk Receptionist.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of the Hill Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry
Orthodontic Assistant and Dental Office Manager
We are looking for a competent orthodontic assistant who will make the orthodontist’s office more efficient and pleasant for patients. You’ll ensure excellent customer service and lift basic dental tasks off the orthodontist’s shoulders. Orthodontic assistants should be well-organized with great attention to detail. You should be able to follow instructions and respect dental office regulations. We want you to be skilled in providing direct or indirect patient care and able to make office procedures as smooth as possible. Being a team player is essential.
Dental office manager
We are now hiring a full-time office manager for our orthodontic and pediatric dental office! Our doctors are a husband and wife team, and we strive to create a family atmosphere throughout the practice. Our office is state-of-the-art with modern technology. To be successful, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. The office manager will ensure that the front desk team welcomes patients positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. Responsibilities include greeting and scheduling patients, verifying dental insurance, collecting estimated co-pays and filing dental insurance claims. The office manager will also coordinate the schedules of dental assistants to help the practice run smoothly. Experience preferred, but we are happy to train the right candidate.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to SALON MARYAM
We have stations for experienced stylists in a newly remodeled bright, modern space.
We are located in chestnut Hill beautiful neighborhood that offers plenty of parking along with shops/cafes/restaurants within walking distance.
My name is Maryam, I have incorporated my years of experience into every detail of the salon.
Stop in anytime or you can reach me at email@example.com or 215-247-9299 for more details
8131 Germantown Avenue
Queenie’s Pets LLC
Dog Walkers & Pet Sitters
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery & Frame Shoppe
Part Time Worker
Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery, a thriving Art Gallery and custom framing business located in the heart of historic Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, is seeking a personable and professional part-time Gallery Associate to fulfill an integral position in the Gallery. The idea candidate will have a Fine Arts background, strong computer and people skills and will be able to multitask and work autonomously. Self-motivation is a must. Experience with custom framing intake a plus. This position requires regular weekend hours as well as occasional evening events.
- Fine Art/Art History background
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits
- Experience/interest in working with public – custom framing retail experience a plus!
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Greet Customers and answer phones
- Assist customers in selecting molding, mats and glass, etc.
- Assist customers in purchasing art and framing pickups
- Retail sales – responsible for invoice write-ups for framing/renovation, art sales, etc.
Art Related and Exhibits
- Complete artist contracts
- Assist owner with exhibit hangings
- Work with owner to create exhibit postcards
- Familiarize self with Gallery artists
- Attend exhibits (roughly once a month) – assist with food prep and set up, clean up, wine pouring and talking with customers
- Create wall tags for all pieces in Gallery exhibits
- Work with artists to get digital photos and biographical information for exhibits
Communications and Database/Web Updating
- Enter new email addresses in Chestnut Hill Gallery group lists for mailings
- Mail and email Press Releases approximately 3 weeks before exhibit
- Keep website, Facebook and Instagram accounts updated with current exhibits/artists
- Label and post cards for artist’s reception (approximately two to three weeks before exhibit)
- Excel mailing list updating
- Constant Contact – create and schedule emails, newsletters and ads
- Maintain Artists Bio/Photo book for public viewing (without artist contracts)
- Create system for categorizing artwork and Gallery location
- Call: 215-248-2549