Second Saturdays 2023 – Vendor Information
Second Saturdays are for the Arts. Join Chestnut Hill on the second Saturday of each month from May to October as we blend world-class art within the Chestnut Hill business corridor with emerging artists.
Hand-crafted works will be available in multiple categories, including ceramics, digital, drawing, fiber (decorative/non-wearable), glass, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpture. The festival also features live entertainment, children’s activities, Chestnut Hill eateries, and more.
Please read everything very carefully before submitting your application. Performing artists may include dance, music, and circus arts.
Eligibility + Standards
- The mission of Second Saturdays is to celebrate the established arts on the Avenue that are already established in the corridor while giving a platform to up-and-coming musicians, painters, performers, and other qualified mediums. Our focus for accepting vendors and exhibitors is to provide a platform for budding artists, musicians, and plein air artists. If you have a longstanding, well-established business, we prefer you instead apply to one of Chestnut Hill’s other established signature events. For more information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- The artist must originally create all works. We accept handmade visual arts such as photography, digital art, and paintings/drawings in all media types. Handmade 3D art from fiber, glass, metal, sculptures, crafts, or wood is also welcome to apply.
- Artist collaborations may qualify if the team produces a single product in one medium and explains the arrangement of the application. (Otherwise, each member will be considered an individual artist and must pay separate fees unless approved).
- The Chestnut Hill Business District and the Second Saturdays committee select and approve all participating artists. Artists not approved may not participate in Chestnut Hill’s Second Saturdays.
- Unauthorized use of Licensed Images – If an artist uses licensed images, the artist must have proof of authorization from the original license holder. Suppose the artist is juried in, and later the Chestnut Hill Business District finds unauthorized images during the event. In that case, they will leave and are not allowed to be a part of future Chestnut Hill Second Saturdays, and any legal ramifications will be solely the artist’s responsibility.
All applications will be juried even if you are a previous exhibitor. You will be juried by your artist statement, booth setup, online presence, and photos submitted.