Mark your calendars for a night out on First Wednesdays in Chestnut Hill. Explore unique boutique shops along Germantown Avenue until 8:00pm, enjoy specials at popular bars and restaurants, look out for special giveaways and beverage samples along the Avenue, and enjoy live outdoor music performances. No place does hump day like the Hill!
Sponsor Events & Entertainment
- Stop by Radio Sponsor More 101.1 FM’s tent at Germantown and Evergreen Avenues for family-friendly music, plinko and bean bag toss games, free toys, cups, and temporary tattoos. Plus, meet Morey The Monkey and get free tickets to The Crayola Experience!
- Start your First Wednesday off with a delicious meal at Mica BYOB at 8609 Germantown Avenue. Mica’s special “From Maryland with Love” four-course menu ($49/person plus tax and gratuity) includes Heirloom Popcorn with ramp and vinegar powder; Maryland Oysters with horseradish and carbonated lemon; Lump Crab Cake with green asparagus, potato chips and old bay; Crispy Softshell Crab Minestrone with shelling beans and tomato butter; and “Smith Island Chocolate Cake.”
- Enjoy live music by Andy Maher and the Ten of Hearts at 8400 Germantown Avenue.
- Stop by Angelo’s Alley at 8435 Germantown for complimentary wine and cheese samples as you stroll the Avenue.
- Enjoy a free sample of lightly-sweetened iced tea at the Honest Tea tent at Germantown Avenue and Gravers Lane.
- Pose for a photo at the #ChestnutHillPA Flower Wall at 8415 Germantown Avenue. Staff will be available to help you snap the perfect shot with your companions.
- Kids can enjoy free face-painting and dance to Kids Bop music at 8126 Germantown Avenue. Stop by nearby shops for ice cream and unique toy finds to round out the night.
|Artisans on the Avenue||Summer purses, beach bags, and bar bags; Complimentary refreshments|
|A Taste of Olive||Samples|
|Banjara Indian Bistro||Free appetizers when you check in on Facebook|
|Bjorn & Co|
Come join us at Bohemian Pink for a Pink Drink tomorrow night! We will be celebrating our 1st Birthday at the Top of the Hill and will be raffling off a $50 Bohemian Pink Gift Certificate at the end of the night! (no purchase necessary)
|Bredenbeck’s Bakery and Ice Cream Parlor|
|Campbell’s Place||Happy Hour, nightly food and beverage specials|
|Chestnut Hill Brewing Company||Trivia at 7:00pm|
|Chestnut Hill Cheese Shop|
|Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe||Happy Hour 5:00-6:00pm|
|Chestnut Hill Jewelers||Complimentary refreshments|
|Chill on the Hill|
|Cosimo’s Pizza Cafe|
|Gallery on the Avenue|
|Green Street Mens|
|Iron Hill Brewery|
|J. McLaughlin||Complimentary refreshments|
|Kitchen Kapers||Complimentary refreshments|
|Mango||20% off jewelry from 5-8pm|
|Mica BYOB||“From Maryland with Love” special four-course menu ($49/person plus tax and gratuity).|
|Morris Arboretum||The entire 92-acre garden is open until 8p. Enjoy the Arboretum’s evening ambiance as crickets chirp a melody for the fireflies’ nightly dance, and the setting sun casts a warm glow on blooming flowers and upturned faces. Dine al fresco with your homemade picnic dinner or purchase supper from the light fare menu at the Compton Café. And kids of all ages will delight in a stop at the Garden Railway display, a miniature world with a quarter mile track running through it.|
|Oxford Circus Toys|
|Paris Bistro||Our weekly Tour de France 3 course menu. Speakeasy Live Jazz 7-11pm|
|Quelque Chose||Our big once a year sale – up to 75% off|
|Rebel Yoga Studio||We will be debuting our second Artist Series with the beautiful water color paintings by Chestnut Hill mom, scientist and artist Hayley Crawford. We will also have the summer collection by Philadelphia jewelry designer Marlyn Schiff on display. 15% of sales will benefit LLS.|
|Sara Campbell||15% off your apparel purchase|
|Serendipity||10% Off Puravida bracelts and rings|
|Sl8 Hair Lounge||10% off any Oribe retail|
|Starbucks Coffee Company|
|Tailored Home||Stateside Vodka will be giving away free samples. They will also be selling their engraved bottles.|
|Tavern on the Hill|
|Ten Thousand Villages||Complimentary refreshments; Father’s Day, Graduation and Teacher Gifts|
|The Art Shop||$5 off any Classic Haircut $10 off any full service Deva Curl Cut|
|The Duke Barber Company||Complimentary refreshments|
|The Fresh Market|
|The Philadelphia Print Shop||Gift with minimum $25 purchase.|
|The Spice Rack||10% off orders over $50|
|Threadwell||Threadwell is partnering with Beautycounter representatives Liz Pearson and Sarah Van Stone. Beautycounter creates safer and effective skin care and cosmetics for women and families. Guests will also sample Downeast Cider, inspired by the classic farm-fresh cider new englanders know and love. unfiltered and unfettered… the way cider should be!|
|Top of the Hill Market||Top of The Hill Sips Bar will be open with specials.|
|Villavillekula||Sidewalk display and complimentary refreshments|