If you are an artist looking to participate in Second Saturdays in the future, find the attached application here
Email any questions or concerns to Baristy@chestnuthillpa.com
The arts come alive at Chestnut Hill’s newest event series—Second Saturdays! In the safe and walkable environment of the Germantown Avenue commercial district, visitors can explore the works of dozens of visiting regional artists—from highly sought-after professionals to emerging talents—and view the newest exhibitions at Chestnut Hill’s own art galleries. With live music, shop and restaurant specials, and family-friendly activities, Second Saturdays give serious art enthusiasts and casual spectators alike plenty of reasons to spend a day in Chestnut Hill.
Dates: July 10, 2021; August 14, 2021; September 11, 2021; October 9, 2021; November 13, 2021
Time: 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Location: 7600 to 8600 blocks of Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118
Chestnut Hill Business Association Member Art Galleries, Framing, and Art Supplies:
- Borrelli’s Chestnut Hill Gallery & Frame Shop:
- “Signs of Life” – New Paintings from Philadelphia legend and PAFA superstar, impressionist Phil Cohn, 97 years young and still painting! Visit Borrelli’s on Saturdays 11 – 4 to take a good look at these slice of life gems. Or call for a private appointment during the week.
- Gallery On The Avenue
- 10% off in store
- Line Gallery
- Artist & Craftsman Supply
- The Little Gallery
- 10% off in store
- Wendy Concannon Photography Gallery
Lewis Knauss – “Recording Time” Long-time Chestnut Hill resident Lewis Knauss will be exhibiting examples of his work spanning from 1980-2020. Internationally recognized in the field of Fiber Arts, Knauss spent several decades teaching at Moore College of Arts and Design. Knauss holds a Bachelors of Art Education from Kutztown University and a Masters of Fine Arts in Crafts and Fiber Arts from Tyler School of Art, Temple University. He also studied at Philadelphia College of Textiles and Sciences ( now Jefferson University). He is a Fellow of the American Craft Council and has received numerous Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Fellowships as well as a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship. His work can be seen in the permanent collection of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum Smithsonian Institution N.Y.C, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Tx., The Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg Russia, and The National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Australia.
- Tasco Art Salon
- 10% off in store
- Woodmere Art Museum: Will host a Summer Jazz concert series featuring the Music of B.B King and Muddy Waters. They put the BLUE in blues and were not afraid to keep the stories of life real and raw in their music. BB was known as the “King” and Muddy was known as the “Father” of the Blues. Songs that will forever be an integral part of America’s songbook, such as BB’s “The Thrill Is Gone” and Muddy’s “Mannish Boy,” will take us to those “Down Home Blues”! Reflecting the international reach of the Blues, souna master from China, Yazhi Guo, joins vocalist Lisa Chavous and guitarist and vocalist Rich Tucker as special guests. Buy your ticket here!
Guest Artists | “Craft Show”– Art On The Avenue
Guest Artists exhibiting works for sale on the Avenue include:
- Ferule Designs Pop-up Art Installation (8532 Germantown Avenue) | Chestnut Hill artist Brooke Conroy’s work aims to enhance it’s viewers experience through creativity and quality craft. She creates all elements of her designs by hand, utilizing a wide range of mediums, and has previously created installations for Urban Outfitters and Terrain. The new nature-inspired Ferule installation is at the corner of Germantown and Evergreen
- Xfinity Experience (150 E. Evergreen Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118) | Xfinity’s Internet service brings your entire experience together by connecting other services like Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home, Xfinity Mobile, and more! Get ready to do even more on your devices than ever before and enjoy reliably fast speeds for all your streaming needs and to power all your devices. Visit the Xfinity Experience to learn how Xfinity products and services can make life easier, at home or on the go.
Kids & Family Activities
- AR Workshop (8607 Germantown Avenue) is excited to offer a hands-on outdoor DIY Workshop experience, where you can create wood signs, canvas pillows, wall hangings, framed signs, wood boxes, lazy Susan’s and more!
- Live music on the Avenue |
- Johnny Never l Bethlehem Pike and Germantown Avenue l 1:00-4:00pm Johnny Never and John Colgan-Davis Often referred to by blues enthusiasts as “the real deal”, Johnny pays homage to, but does not mimic, the vast array of original bluesmen that gave birth to “the blues” a century ago. John has been called “the spiritual son” of blues greats for his covers of artists like Son House, Robert Johnson, and Charlie Patton.
More CHBA Member Events & Specials:
Food & Drink | Bring your appetite and sample Chestnut Hill’s delicious dining scene! Options include:
- Bahia Bowls | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Baker Street Bread | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Breakfast Boutique | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Bredenbeck’s Bakery & Ice Cream Parlor | Take-out
- Cake | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- Campbell’s Place | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Chestnut Hill Brewing Company | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Chill On The Hill Frozen Yogurt | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- Cin Cin | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- Cosimo’s Pizza Cafe | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- El Poquito | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Iron Hill Brewery | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- King’s Garden | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- Market At the Fareway (indoor market featuring multiple food vendors) | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- McNally’s Tavern | Indoor Dining and Take-out Available
- Mimi’s Market & Cafe | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Night Kitchen Bakery & Cafe | Indoor Dining, Outdoor Dining, and Take-out Available
- Tavern on the Hill | Take-out and Delivery Available
- Weavers Way Coop | Take-out Available
Thank you to our sponsors!