Wizardry and wonder fill the air as Chestnut Hill transforms into Hogsmeade.
Want to stay up to date on the latest Harry Potter Festival information?
Click Here for Your Festival Guide
Click Here for the Shops & Restaurants of Hogsmeade
The Harry Potter Festival, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., will be bigger and better than ever this year! The street will be closed from Rex Avenue to Willow Grove Avenue but the festival itself will run for a full 10 blocks all the way to Mermaid Lane. Both the Festival and the Quidditch Tournament are free and open to the public.
- Pub Crawl update:
This event is now sold out. Thank you to all of our friends and Harry Potter fans that make this an annual blockbuster event!
Update: UBER is offering a promo code for any pub crawl/festival attendees. HARRYPOTTERPHL Any new Uber user who applies that code in their app will get their first ride free (up to $15 off).
- Family Movie Night and Pizza Party
- Harry Potter Art Gallery-Opening Reception, with refreshments tonight 5-9 PM (during the Harry Potter pub crawl). 8614 Germantown Avenue
- Water and Rock Studio/Wizarding Life FitnessPresentsThe Harry Potter WorkoutCome burn off that Butterbeer and get yourself in shape for outrunning the dementors! We’ll have fun, unique, and sometimes ridiculous exercises for you, cued by popular phrases or events in Harry Potter movie clips. Did someone cast a spell? 20 Severus Squats. Did someone mention “he who must not be named”? 12 Ronald Weasleys (think Roger Rabbit). All ages of wizards, witches, muggles and mudbloods welcome!
$5 per person
- See the Brotherly Love Cup Quidditch Tournament
- Join the Harry Potter CityHUNT at 2:30 PM.
- Harry Potter Art Gallery 11 AM-5 PM 8614 Germantown Avenue
- Meet Harry Potter and friends
- Practice your skills at Defense Against the Dark Arts classes
- Find out which house you’re in at the Sorting Hat Demonstrations
- Take a FREE ride on the Knight Bus
- Get your fill of Butter Beer, Bertie Bott’s Beans, Muggles Brew, PolyJuice Potion and more!
- All Day Thestral Rides and Pancake Feast
- Visit the shops of “Hogsmeade” (aka Chestnut Hill) selling all things for wizards and muggles!
- Enjoy hands-on activities at over a dozen Horcrux Stations
- Check out the Tri-Wizard Straw Maze at Woodmere Art Museum
- See Live Owls & Falcons
- Enjoy DJ Jamie Grimble at the 8100 block stage
- Take your best selfie at Hedwig’s Hollow and 4 Privet Drive
- Have tea at Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shoppe
- Join the fun at the J.S. Jenks Firebolt 5K
- Visit the School of Wizardry and Witchcraft
- Plus, Fortune Tellers, Face Painting, Games, Photo Booths, and more!
- Watch ‘The Hogwarts House Cup: Improv Challenge! Two houses face off in a head-to-head improv comedy competition to decide who is taking home the Hogwarts House Cup! Will the courageous performers of Gryffindor claim victory? Or will it be stolen out from under them by the cunning players of Slytherin?’
- The Muggles Read-a-Thon: a public-reading of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at Stagecrafters 8130 Germantown Avenue
- See the Secret Circus Aerialists do their Potter interpretations in the air at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:30
Limited parking will be available in the 5 public parking lots throughout Chestnut Hill. Limited parking will also be available at the Chestnut Hill Presbyterian Church (8855 Germantown Avenue) and United Cerebral Palsy of Philadelphia & Vicinity (102 E. Mermaid Lane).
Plus, don’t miss the opportunity to take the Chestnut Hill East or Chestnut Hill West SEPTA regional rail lines. Stay tuned for which train will feature Harry and his friends.
Read about it on uwishunu too!
Interested in hotel packages? Look here!
The Harry Potter Festival in Chestnut Hill is a community-based fan festival celebrating the incredible and well-loved series created by J.K. Rowling and providing an opportunity for enthusiastic fans from across Philadelphia and beyond to celebrate the world of Harry Potter. The Festival is organized by the Chestnut Hill Business Association, a not-for-profit organization supporting the Chestnut Hill Business Community. Warner Bros. Entertainment and J.K. Rowling are not responsible for the festival in any way.