Friday 2/1 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday 2/2 Noon to 5 p.m.
Chestnut Hill is transformed into a winter wonderland during this two-day festival which boasts unique ice-themed attractions and cozy comforts that showcase the beauty of its historic business district in the winter. 2019 attractions include:
- Iceless Ice Skating Rink*: Ice skaters of all ages will enjoy gliding across this 960 sq. ft. iceless rink, regardless of the weather. Ice skates in varying sizes and walkers for non-skaters are available on-site. Take a few minutes to warm up after skating at the adjacent fire pits, where food, wine/beer, and non-alcoholic beverages await. *Admission for this activity is $10 per person. Buy your tickets early here! Rink is Saturday only Noon to 5 p.m.
- Live Ice Sculpting Demonstration: A favorite tradition of Chestnut Hill’s Valentines on Ice, watch as renowned ice sculptor Peter Slavin transforms a block of ice into a beautiful work of art before a live audience. This year, live ice sculpting will take place on two days at designated locations.
- Ice Sculptures on the Avenue: Germantown Avenue is transformed into an outdoor gallery as custom ice sculptures commissioned by Chestnut Hill businesses line the shopping corridor. Grab a festival map to take a walking tour of the sculptures, and don’t forget to make pit stops at our Warming Stations and shops along the way.
- Yurt Village: Get inspired for winter “glamping” as you check out a Yurt Village containing tents fitted out with chic furnishings provided by Chestnut Hill’s premier home design retailers-HOST Interiors, Tailored Home, Tallulah and Bird Interior Design
- Ice Bonfire: Friday night only, witness the spectacle of a roaring bonfire encased in a column of ice at Top of the Hill 184 E. Evergreen Avenue
- Ice Bar at Market at the Fareway : Chestnut Hill Brewing Company invites you to enjoy ice-cold locally-brewed beers and wines at their outdoor Ice Bar, carved entirely out of blocks of ice. Nearby attractions include a fire pit and Chestnut Hill’s famous Market At The Fareway vendors.
- Warming Stations: Our cozy warming stations make it easy to explore all of the shops and icy wonders along Germantown Avenue. Stop at each one to defrost at the fire pit, enjoy a warm beverage, and sample a seasonal treat. Each warming station will also offer printed copies of the Chestnut Hill On Ice Festival Guide/Map and Chestnut Hill Business Directories.
- “I CH” Social Media Photo Spots: Capture a photo of your day in Chestnut Hill with your loved ones, or snap a selfie with your Valentine in front of our two giant red hearts, located in the Blue Lot at 150 E. Evergreen Avenue and Laurel Hill Gardens at 8125 Germantown Avenue.
- Chili Specials: Baker Street Bread Cafe, Campbell’s Place, Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe, Iron Hill Brewery, McNally’s Tavern, Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe, Tavern on the Hill, The Night Kitchen Bakery, Top of the Hill Market, Weavers Way Coop
- Business Promotions: Valentines of every kind can take advantage of the first weekend in February to shop promotions at participating retailers.
- Oxford Circus Toys promotion of 15% off one item Feb 1st and Feb 2nd ONLY.
- Bjorn & Co. 10% off all items that weekend.
- Warm Up At HOST with 25% OFF Throws and Pillows!
- El Quetzal-Winter accessories sale hats, gloves, scarves and more 30% off.
- Mango will be open until 8PM on Friday the 1st, serving a themed cocktail and all JEWELRY will be 30% off from 5-8pm. Also, our winter sale is going on with select clothing and accessories 30-50% off!
- Bohemian Pink Exclusively for CH on Ice. Free Bath Bomb with every $25 purchase!-25% off all new Face Masks, Feb 1-2 only!!!