With the COVID-19 epidemic evolving rapidly, Woodmere is continuing to prioritize the health and safety of our community. Since closing our doors on Thursday, March 12, we have received additional guidance from our government officials. In accordance with statewide mitigation efforts, the Museum will remain closed for the time being, and we are working to postpone programs and events. As we evaluate and make changes, we will communicate updates on our dedicated webpage here
Art brings comfort and inspires creative thinking. While you’re at home, I invite you to enjoy Woodmere online:
- You can explore the Museum’s collection and enjoy our brand-new Violet Oakley Experience, which makes accessible our holdings of almost 3,000 works by Oakley.
- Read catalogues and listen to podcasts associated with our current and past exhibitions.
- Watch behind-the-scenes videos of the monumental efforts taken to transport sculptures by Dina Wind, Harry Bertoia, and Robinson Fredenthal to Woodmere’s grounds.
- Engage with our online community through social media, where we will continue to share our galleries with you via facebook and Instagram.
- Read my recent article in the Chestnut Hill Local describing more ways you can enjoy the Museum online.
If you have purchased tickets to a postponed event, updates to Woodmere’s ticket policy are outlined on our website here
. If you have questions, please email
or call (215) 247-0476 and leave a message. We will do our best to respond in a prompt manner.
There is nothing we care about more than the well-being of our Woodmere family. Be safe and stay well.
With all best regards,