Thanks to Our Community Sponsors!
Join us throughout October for all sorts of Autumn fun and spooky Halloween spirit! Chestnut Hill turns extra magical at this time of year, with the kind of charm and enchantment that only a historic village like ours can provide. Whether you’re joining us simply for a Fall evening of dining outside at one of our restaurants or you’re coming for a specific Halloween event, we know you’ll feel inspired to love Autumn even more because of your visit.
You can find a full Halloween Weekend printable brochure with a handy map of our TRICK or TREATING locations and our HALLOWEEN WINDOW CONTEST PARTIPANTS right HERE.
Here’s what’s happening this year for Halloween on the Hill …
* Spooky Scarecrows at Morris ArBOOretum
October is “ArBOOretum” month, and the scarecrows are back at Morris ArBOOretum! More than 40 scarecrows will be on display throughout the Arboretum October 1 through Halloween. The theme this year is “Spooky Scarecrows.” For more information, visit morrisarboretum.org
* Pumpkin Carving Contest at Morris Arboretum – Saturday, October 22, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
* Trick or Treat Trail at Morris Arboretum – Sat. & Sun. October 29 & 30, from 1 to 3 pm!
Vote between October 27th through the 31st!
* A Halloween Happening at Stagecrafters Theater – October 28 & 29 at 7 pm and October 29 at 2 pm for younger guests, featuring staged performances, readings of scary stories and poems, a costume contest, and treats for all. Admission is $6 for adults and free for children under 12.
* Halloween at Iron Hill Brewery – Celebrate Halloween with a candy and beer pairing at Iron Hill Brewery! Happening from 4 pm until closing, every night from Friday the 28th – Monday the 31st. If you come in costume, just tag Iron Hill Chestnut Hill on Facebook or Instagram to receive 10% off non-alcoholic purchases.
* Trick or Treating on the Avenue – Sunday, October 30th from 1-3 pm
Bring the littles to Chestnut Hill! Children up to 10 years old are invited to don their costumes and parade along the Avenue to trick-or-treat at participating shops and businesses. Look for this Halloween sign in windows or printe the list above to visit all the shops and businesses giving out sweet treats or non-edible treats for children with allergies. This is a rain or shine event, so come dressed for the weather!
2022 PARTICIPATING SHOPS & BUSINESSES:
(teal pumpkins are locations where children can receive non-candy treats)
Trick or Treating on the Avenue in 2021.
(Video from Hillary O’Carroll)