Principal’s corner with
2022/2023 OMC student/academic opportunities:
- All Upper School Students will be rostered for a traditional ART class as well as an additional Advanced STREAM/ART class next year.
- Advanced Choir/Acappella opportunities will be available for 7th and 8th graders.
- We will continue our partnership with LaSalle University and the Writers Matter program.
- A new partnership will be formed with the Rendell Center for Civic Engagement for our students.
- Catechesis of Good Shepard (a fully immersive, hands-on religious education program) will continue for grades PreK-3 to 2.
- The 2nd year of Honors Math Assessment (with Sister Maryanne) will continue for eligible 4th-grade students.
- Student Council opportunities will continue for 4th to 8th-grade students. Sister Maryanne and Mrs. Clark-Binder will be the Student Council Moderators.
- A Blue Ribbon Student Ambassador opportunity will be available for students in grades 4 to 8. There will be a Student Ambassador application, as well as specific requirements listed in order to assist Ms. Daly with prospective family school tours and school support.
- Kindness leader opportunities for grades 3rd and 4th will continue next year. (several 2nd graders have completed kindness applications-so cute!)
- Continued chess club, volleyball clinic, kickball tournaments, and pickleball!!!
- STREAM integration-3D printing
- Robotics/Advanced Robotics
- Cross-curricular studies, Art, Music engagement
- A second-year talent show…
- A second-year walkathon…
- Possible “pop-up” shops for charity.
- Two of our teachers continuing their certification in the Orton/Gillingham Reading Certification program.
- Two more teachers will be certified in Orton/Gillingham this year.
School updates thus far:
- A huge thank you to John Jeffers, Jeremy, and Nolan for helping create a beautiful, welcoming environment for our students.
- We had new floors installed in the first and second-grade classrooms.
- We had new floors installed in the Learning Commons/Multimedia engagement classroom.
- The faculty lounge was updated for our teachers.
- New Chromebooks will be issued to our Upper School students.
School Safety Update:
- School administration has met to update the school safety plan, which will include a security/camera monitoring system.
I am totally energized by your glowing faith, our teacher dedication, and our academically-enriched curriculum. Thank you for your continued support, love, and prayers.
Your partner in education,