- Demos in Chestnut Hill, 3:15-6:15 p.m.
Demo dude John Connor will jump into the festivities with a sampling ofWoodstock pickled organic baby carrots and organic jalapeno relish— the perfect uptick for your grilled dog. He’ll also make space forFairway organic extra-virgin olive oil, on special at $8.99 a liter while supplies last. All three will find a home on baguettes from Philly’s ownMetropolitan Bakery.
- Grilling from noon to 3 p.m. in the Backyard at Chestnut Hill
Free for members, BYO wine and beer: hamburgers and hot dogs, plus vegan black-bean-plantain burgers from LUHV, and all the fixings, of course, including buns from Vermont Bread. We’ll have live music, too, so boogie on down!
- You’ll also appreciate the Sidewalk Sale at Across the Way in Mt. Airy, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Look for your favorite wellness products.
- More demos in Chestnut Hill, noon-4 p.m.
From really near, John Connor will present the Co-op’s own Ballpark Potato Salad, the gold standard of the medium. From South Philly’sClaudio’s, he’ll have Burratina, a cream-filled fresh mozzarella pouch, andprosciutto di Parma.
- Cake, of course, at both stores. Be there at 2 p.m. for your personal slice of 6,000 Strong!