Stag & Doe
Chestnut Hill’s beloved annual Stag & Doe Nights return Wednesday, November 30, during Holidays on the Hill, featuring extended store hours, holiday specials, and complimentary refreshments at many stores every Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You may even see Santa strutting down the hill greeting families or hear a brass quartet roaming the Avenue.
Every Stag & Doe, most stores extend their hours until 9:00 PM. From 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, shoppers can catch a glimpse of Santa strutting down the Avenue greeting families while listening to the holiday sounds of a brass quartet. Also, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, the local distillery Stateside will sell vodka and bourbon bottles with available engraving, conveniently conducted at the Chestnut Hill Welcome Center (8514 Germantown Avenue).
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 – First Stag & Doe of the Holiday season
- Businesses are open until 9:00 PM
- Santa Claus will stroll the Avenue from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Brass Quartet will perform along the Avenue from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Businesses identified with yellow & green balloons are participants in the Chestnut Hill Garden District Fund fundraiser.
- Opening of the Chestnut Hill Conservancy‘s streetscape exhibit “The Evolution of Pastorius Park – the Park that Almost Wasn’t” in the Germantown Avenue storefront windows of Kilian Hardware at 8450 Germantown Avenue.
- Chill on the Hill is offering warm Belgian waffles and hot chocolate each Stag and Doe night. Plus a promo deal of hot chocolate or coffee plus a warm waffle or brownie for just $4.
- Villavillekula will be open until 9:00 serving refreshments and cookies and offering Elves who will giftwrap for free items from any store.
FREE PARKING ALL DAY in the lots courtesy of the Chestnut Hill Parking Foundation.
During our first Stag & Doe, on Wednesday, November 30, participating stores will donate a portion of their sales to the Chestnut Hill Garden District Fund. The Chestnut Hill Garden District Fund is a nonprofit organization dedicated to beautifying Chestnut Hill, a Philadelphia community famous for its colorful flower plantings and small parks along Germantown Avenue and beyond, all lovingly maintained by the Fund’s volunteers and staff.
List of participating stores:
- Bird in Hand Consignment Shop – 9 West Highland Avenue
- booked. – 8511 Germantown Avenue
- Chestnut Hill Hotel – 8229 Germantown Avenue
- Cosimo’s Pizza Cafe – 8624 Germantown Avenue
- Delphine Gallery – 8435 Germantown Avenue
- Greene Street – 8524 Germantown Avenue
- Hideaway Music – 8232 Germantown Avenue
- Isabella Sparrow – 8433 Germantown Avenue
- J. McLaughlin – 8401 Germantown Avenue
- McNally’s Tavern – 8634 Germantown Avenue
- Noble Goods – 8436 Germantown Avenue
- Quelque Chose – 8437 Germantown Avenue
- Robertson’s Flowers and Events – 8501 Germantown Avenue
- Sara Campbell – 8409 Germantown Avenue
- Serendipity of Chestnut Hill – 8506 Germantown Avenue
- Tailored Home – 8528 Germantown Avenue
- Tavern on the Hill – 8636 Germantown Avenue
- Weaver’s Way Co-op – 8424 Germantown Avenue
- Zipf’s Candies – 8433 B Germantown Avenue
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Bowman Properties, and community partners, Elfant Wissahickon and George Woodward Co., for their help in supporting the Chestnut Hill Business District and the Holidays on the Hill events in Chestnut Hill this year.