Stag & Doe
Chestnut Hill’s beloved annual Stag & Doe Nights return during Holidays on the Hill, featuring extended store hours, holiday specials, and complimentary refreshments at many stores every Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You may even see Santa strutting down the hill greeting families or hear a brass quartet roaming the Avenue.
Every Stag & Doe, most stores extend their hours until 9:00 PM. From 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, shoppers can catch a glimpse of Santa strutting down the Avenue greeting families while listening to the holiday sounds of a brass quartet. Also, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, the local distillery Stateside will sell vodka and bourbon bottles with available engraving, conveniently conducted at the Chestnut Hill Welcome Center at 8514 Germantown Avenue.
Wednesday, December 7, 2022 – Stag & Doe
- Most businesses are open until 9:00 PM
- Santa Claus strolls Germantown Avenue from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Brass Quartet performs along Germantown Avenue from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Stateside Vodka is at 8514 Germantown Avenue from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Author A.E.S. O’Neill‘s Even Love and Murder book series – book signing at 8514 Germantown Avenue, from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Chestnut Hill Conservancy‘s streetscape exhibit “The Evolution of Pastorius Park – the Park that Almost Wasn’t” in the Germantown Avenue storefront windows of Kilian Hardware at 8450 Germantown Avenue.
- Chestnut Grill at 8229 Germantown Avenue will once again have a Hot Chocolate station on the front patio featuring plain hot chocolate or spiked with Bailey’s, Jameson Cold Brew Coffee, Kahlua, Raspberry Schnapps, Caramel Whiskey or Peppermint. $5.00 for plain, $10.00 for spiked.
- Chill on the Hill at 5 E. Highland Avenue offers warm Belgian waffles and hot chocolate each Stag and Doe night, with a promo deal of hot chocolate or coffee plus a warm waffle or brownie for just $4.00.
- CURE de Repos at 8439 Germantown Avenue is holding the 3rd Annual Lola Von Dress Memory Donation Drive
- Gravers Lane Gallery at 8405 Germantown Avenue will be featuring local jeweler and geologist Aimee Petkus, meet the artist:5:00-8:30 PM
- NoName Gallery at 8127 Germantown Avenue hosts local jeweler Forge & Finish from 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- The Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers Holiday Pop Up Shop at 8135 Germantown Ave. The shop is open six days a week through December 21.
- The Sivel Group hosts their our annual Holiday Toy Drive & Bonfire from 4:00 to 8:00 PM at 8512 Germantown Ave (rear entrance)! Join them for a night of yummy snacks, hot chocolate, and helping families in need.
- Villavillekula and Windfall Gallery at 8419 Germantown Avenue will be open until 9:00 PM serving refreshments and cookies and offering Elves who will giftwrap items from any store for free.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Bowman Properties, and community partners, Elfant Wissahickon and George Woodward Co., for their help in supporting the Chestnut Hill Business District and the Holidays on the Hill events in Chestnut Hill this year.