Stag & Doe
Chestnut Hill’s beloved annual Stag & Doe Nights return during Holidays on the Hill, featuring extended store hours, holiday specials, and complimentary refreshments at many stores every Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You may even see Santa strutting down the hill greeting families or hear a brass quartet roaming the Avenue.
Every Stag & Doe, most stores extend their hours until 9:00 PM. From 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, shoppers can catch a glimpse of Santa strutting down the Avenue greeting families while listening to the holiday sounds of a brass quartet. Also, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, the local distillery Stateside will sell vodka and bourbon bottles with available engraving, conveniently conducted at the Chestnut Hill Welcome Center at 8514 Germantown Avenue.
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 – Stag & Doe
- Most businesses are open until 9:00 PM
- Santa Claus strolls Germantown Avenue from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Brass Quartet performs along Germantown Avenue from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Stateside Vodka is at 8514 Germantown Avenue from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- Book signing with Eddie Flotte at 8514 Germantown Avenue – All Day until 9:00 PM
- Chestnut Grill at 8229 Germantown Avenue will once again have a Hot Chocolate station on the front patio featuring plain hot chocolate or spiked with Bailey’s, Jameson Cold Brew Coffee, Kahlua, Raspberry Schnapps, Caramel Whiskey or Peppermint. $5.00 for plain, $10.00 for spiked.
- Chestnut Hill Conservancy‘s streetscape exhibit “The Evolution of Pastorius Park – the Park that Almost Wasn’t” in the Germantown Avenue storefront windows of Kilian Hardware at 8450 Germantown Avenue.
- Chill on the Hill offers warm Belgian waffles and hot chocolate each Stag and Doe night, with a promo deal of hot chocolate or coffee plus a warm waffle or brownie for just $4.
- Gravers Lane Gallery at 8405 Germantown Avenue will be featuring jeweler Janine DeCresenzo
- NoName Gallery at 8127 Germantown Avenue hosts Flygirrl from 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- The Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers Holiday Pop Up Shop at 8135 Germantown Ave. The shop is open six days a week through December 21.
- Serendipity at 8506 Germantown Avenue offers live music and refreshments. Singer and Pianist, Jim Bannach, will be performing from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Villavillekula and Windfall Gallery at 8419 Germantown Avenue will be open until 9:00 PM serving refreshments and cookies and offering Elves who will giftwrap items from any store for free.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Bowman Properties, and community partners, Elfant Wissahickon and George Woodward Co., for their help in supporting the Chestnut Hill Business District and the Holidays on the Hill events in Chestnut Hill this year.