Beat the winter blues and head to Chestnut Hill on Ice, for socially distanced ice-themed attractions, including the return of world-renowned ice sculptor Peter Slavin and Philadelphia’s own Ice Sculpture Philly, cold weather activities and cozy comforts, live music, restaurant and retail specials, and adult beverages.
The two-day event is free to attend, with pay-as-you-go activities for all ages and will take place along Germantown Avenue between Rex Avenue and Willow Grove Avenue.
Activities & Attractions
Winter Inspiration Spaces at Laurel Hill Gardens: Friday 5-9 and Sunday 12-5 Winter Decor Indoors (and pop up shop) – by El Quetzal and How to Love Winter Gatherings Outdoors (and pop up shop) by Isabella SparrowAlso featuring The Bundle Up Bicycle with Threadwell
- Iceless Ice Skating Rink: This annual family favorite returns to the Blue Lot at 150 E. Evergreen Avenue on Sunday, January 30.
- Ice Sculptures & Live Ice Carving Demonstrations: Masterfully crafted ice sculptures will be displayed along Germantown Avenue on Friday and Saturday. Live ice carving shows by Peter Slavin and his team will occur at Laurel Hill Gardens (8125 Germantown Avenue) Ice Sculpture Philly is the world’s first performance ice sculpting company, combining action, adventure, humor, drama, and audience participation to create an unforgettable experience.
- Ice Bonfire: Stay warm and cozy as the Chestnut Hill On Ice festival concludes with an impressive eight-foot bonfire encased in a pillar of ice at 150 East Evergreen Avenue at 5:30 p.m.
- Axe-Throwing: Bring out your inner lumberjack with a fun game of axe-throwing. Each game provides 10 axe-throws at the bullseye, and includes training/instruction by expert staff for first-timers. Side-by-side throwing lanes make it easy for friends and family to compete next to each other. Please note that you must be 14 years or older and sign a waiver in order to participate in this activity.
- Ice Bar at Market at the Fareway: Chestnut Hill Brewing Company is hosting an outdoor ice bar, carved entirely out of ice blocks in its outdoor beer garden located at 8221 Germantown Avenue for Chestnut Hill on Ice. Enjoy ice-cold locally-brewed beers, wines, and hot drinks at their outdoor ice bar.
- S’Mores Packets: Come to Made by ME at MARKET at the Fairway and get your S’Mores ingredients Warming Station ready!
- Warming Stations: Stations with fire pits will be located along Germantown Avenue, offering attendees the chance to warm up while enjoying warm adult and children-friendly beverages and snacks.
- Stateside Vodka will offer sales at their mobile bar at Laurel Hill Gardens on Friday night and Saturday during Chestnut Hill on Ice.
- Chili Specials: Offered at various local restaurants.
- Live Music
- Bredenbecks Bakery Pop-up Stands: at 8617 Germantown Avenue, enjoy gourmet hot chocolate, cookies, cupcakes, and hot chocolate bombs! Bredenbecks gourmet hot chocolate will also be available at Laurel Hill Gardens (8125 Germantown Avenue).
- Arctic Book Sale
- AR Workshop: 8607 Germantown Avenue OPEN CRAFT No booking required, walk ins welcome. More here.
Thank You To Our Community Sponsors