Chestnut Hill is transformed into a winter wonderland during this two-day festival which boasts unique ice-themed attractions and cozy comforts that showcase the beauty of its historic business district in the winter.
2021 Date TBD
2020 Festival Map ! (Click to view full size)
2020 attractions included:
- Iceless Ice Skating Rink*: Ice skaters of all ages will enjoy gliding across this iceless rink, regardless of the weather. Ice skates in varying sizes and walkers for non-skaters are available on-site. *Admission for this activity is $10 per person. Hot Chocolate and S’Mores provided by La Chocolatera Food Truck (not included in skating charge).
- Vegetarian and turkey chili as well as wine, beer and spirits available for sale.
- Special Appearance by Anna and Elsa of Frozen at the Ice Rink from 12-2pm on Saturday.
- Ice Bonfire: Saturday night only, witness the spectacle of a roaring bonfire encased in a column of ice.
- Live Ice Sculpting Demonstration: A favorite tradition of Chestnut Hill’s Chestnut Hill on Ice, watch as renowned ice sculptor Peter Slavin, Ice Sculpture Philly, transforms a block of ice into a beautiful work of art before a live audience.
- Ice Sculptures on the Avenue: Germantown Avenue is transformed into an outdoor gallery as custom ice sculptures commissioned by Chestnut Hill businesses line the shopping corridor. Grab a festival map to take a walking tour of the sculptures, and don’t forget to make pit stops at our Warming Stations and shops along the way.
- Yurt Village: Get inspired for winter “glamping” as you check out a Yurt Village containing tents fitted out with chic furnishings provided by Chestnut Hill’s premier home design retailers: Summer Classics and Tailored Home. Tallulah & Bird will transform the Greenhouse into a lovely, whimsical lounge for guests to enjoy. New this year, master artist Peter Slavin of Ice Sculpture Philly will be outfitting a yurt with furnishings carved entirely from ice!
- Thank you to our host,Laurel Hill Gardens.
- Ice Bar at Market at the Fareway : Chestnut Hill Brewing Company invites you to enjoy ice-cold locally-brewed beers and wines at their outdoor Ice Bar, carved entirely out of blocks of ice. Nearby attractions include a fire pit and Chestnut Hill’s famous Market At The Fareway vendors.
- Warming Stations: Our cozy warming stations make it easy to explore all of the shops and icy wonders along Germantown Avenue. Stop at each one to defrost at the fire pit, enjoy a warm beverage, and sample a seasonal treat. Each warming station will also offer printed copies of the Chestnut Hill On Ice Festival Guide/Map and Chestnut Hill Business Directories.
- Laurel Hill Gardens – 8125 Germantown Ave
- Bohemian Pink – 8638 Germantown Ave
- Enjoy hot chocolate and hot mulled wine for adults, in addition to Cotton Candy
- Evergreen Cheese – 184 E Evergreen Ave
- Campbell’s Place – 8337 Germantown Ave
- Delphine Gallery/Zipf’s Candies/Style By Blain/Isabella Sparrow – 8435 Germantown Ave
- Chestnut Hill Brewing Company – 8221 Germantown Ave
- Head inside Market at the Fareway to Made by ME: Handmade Gourmet Chocolate for your s’mores kit which includes: Graham crackers, homemade marshmallows, 72% dark chocolate and skewers
- AR Workshop – 8607 Germantown Ave
- Bredenbeck’s Bakery – 8126 Germantown Ave
- Weaver’s Way – 8424 Germantown Ave
- Windfall Gallery – Willow Grove and Germantown Avenue
Enjoy a cup of hot apple cider with the option of a shot of Fireball or a cup of Fireball spiked cider
- Constellation Brands serving wine tastings in the courtyard of Stagecrafters Theater at 8130 Germantown Avenue with B101 FM games and prizes.
- Stateside Vodka offering tastings, cocktails and bottle sales at their mobile bar at Laurel Hill Gardens Friday night and Saturday and at the ice rink Saturday only.
- #i❤️chestnuthill Social Media Photo Spots: Capture a photo of your day in Chestnut Hill with your loved ones, or snap a selfie with your Valentine in front of our two giant red hearts.
- Chili Specials: Warm up with Chili specials from participating restaurants.
- Baker Street Bread Co Hearty Turkey Chili
- McNally’s Tavern Turkey Chili with Vermont Oyster Crackers
- Iron Hill Brewery Short Rib Chili
- Paris Bistro & Jazz Cafe Pyrenees Country Style Chili with ground wild boar and venison
- Campbell’s Place Both Signature Vegetarian and Turkey Chili
- El Poquito Sanora Spiced Chorizo Sweet Potato Chili
- Tavern on the Hill-Cockle Warming Chili with Fresh Tortillas to Order
- Chestnut Hill Brewing Company Taproom- Spicy Black Bean Chili (plant-based)
- Weaver’s Way Coop– Old Fashioned Beef and Bean Chili
- Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Cafe Vegan Chili Topped AvocadoMore to come!
- Business Promotions: Valentines of every kind can take advantage of the first weekend in February to shop promotions at participating retailers.Or, stop by one of our bars and restaurants for food and cocktail specials.