Calling All Nature Photographers: Enter Friends of the Wissahickon’s Biennial Photo Contest
Co-sponsored by Wissahickon Trails and the Woodmere Art Museum
If you’ve ever been inspired by the sights in the Wissahickon, like so many artists for over 200 years, capture those images and enter them in Friends of the Wissahickon’s (FOW) Biennial Wissahickon Photo Contest. Returning as co-sponsors with FOW are Wissahickon Trails and the Woodmere Art Museum.
Since the Wissahickon is a park for all seasons, the four entry categories will be: spring, summer, fall, and winter. In keeping with this theme, the contest kicks off the first day of spring: March 20.
- All photos entered must be taken within Wissahickon Valley Park, along the Green Ribbon Trail, or on one of the Wissahickon Trails managed preserves.
- Enter only photographs that you, the entrant, have taken.
- You may enter up to four photos, in one or separate categories, that have been taken within the past three years.
- Location of the photo must be included in the description of each photo.
- Photos should be high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and in one of the following file formats: .tiff, .eps, .jpg, .png, or .gif.
- File names should follow one of these two formats:
- last name_category_submission number
- last name_youth_category_submission number
- Example: smith_spring_1.jpg or smith_youth_winter_4.jpg.
- Provide a current phone number, email, and mailing address.
- Any of the three co-sponsoring organizations may feature the winning photos in their printed materials, online, or on social media.
- Paper copies of photographs will not be returned.
- Entries that do not comply with the above rules will be disqualified.
The deadline for submissions is October 14. Winners will be announced on October 28. Prizes will be awarded: $150 for Best in Show, $75 for People’s Choice, and $50 for First Place in each of the categories.
Visit https://fow.org/photocontest2022/ for complete rules and details, and to submit your entries.
Friends of the Wissahickon
40 W. Evergreen Avenue, Suite 108
Philadelphia, PA 19118-3324