Friday, October 18
Brews & Broomsticks Pub Crawl
What: Discover the mischief and ghosts of wizards past on the Brews & Broomsticks Pub Crawl in Philadelphia’s historic Chestnut Hill neighborhood. Dress up in your favorite Halloween costume and creep into participating pubs and restaurants for exclusive specials on themed beverages and bites. Your pub crawl wristband includes one complimentary alcoholic beverage, an official Witches & Wizards souvenir cup and t-shirt, and a Pub Crawl activity ticket redeemable for designated experiences listed below (*).
When: 7:30 – 10 pm
Where: 7 participating bars and restaurants from 8000 to 8700 Germantown Avenue. See below for bar locations and additional details on entertainment, activities, and specials at local businesses.
Cost: $25 Per Person, with Pay-As-You-Go Food & Drink Specials exclusively discounted for ticket-holders. Once the participating bars reach capacity, only ticket holders will be permitted to enter.
Tickets will be available for sale after 6 p.m. on Friday at 8514 Germantown Avenue
Pub Crawl Map
Participating Pubs and Specials:
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 8400 Germantown Avenue
- Featured Beers: Hallowed Helles, Sorcerer’s Stout, All Day Rose, Pumpkin Can, Pumpkin 4 Pack, Oktoberfest Can, Oktoberfest 4 Pack, Hipster IPA Can, Hipster IPA 4 Pack, Philly Special Can, Philly Special 4 Pack, Lunchbox Hero Can, Lunchbox Hero 4 Pack, POG Champ
- Outdoor Food Specials: Butterscotch Popcorn, Chicken Tenders, Slithering Sausage Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Leg
- Indoor Food Specials: Harry’s Beef Pot Pie, Dragon Fire Wings, Wicked Goat Cheese Salad, Smoked Turkey Leg
- McNally’s Tavern, 8634 Germantown AvenueFeatured Drink: Transfusion (keepsake glass mug included)
- Featured Food Special: Hot Dogs ($1 for ticketholders, $3 for the general public)
- Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Café, 8229 Germantown Avenue
- Featured Drink: The Black Cat ($7 for ticketholders, $10 for the general public)
- Featured Food Special: Asian Organic Salmon Skewers and Loaded Fries (exclusively available to ticketholders)
- All ticketholders receive $1.00 off draft beers
- Chestnut Hill Brewing Company, 8221 Germantown Avenue
- $5 pints of featured beers (pricing exclusive to ticketholders):
- Mighty Pumpkin: 6.4% ABV, brewed with 25 lb. of neck pumpkins roasted with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- CH Festbier: 6.2% ABV, traditional marzen, malty lager, made with hersbucker and saaz hops
- Exploding Hops, 5.6% ABV, pale ale dry-hopped with mosaic and citra
- $5 pints of featured beers (pricing exclusive to ticketholders):
- El Poquito, 8201 Germantown Avenue
- Featured Drinks: $5 Yards Loyal Lager Pints, $5 Autumn Sangria, $6 House Margaritas
- Featured Menu Specials: To be announced
- The Venetian Social Club, 8030 Germantown Avenue
- Featured Drinks: Pumpkin Ale and Lager Beer ($1 off for ticketholders only), Witches Brew (whiskey-based), Potion Shots (Jello-shots)
- Featured Food: Free Popcorn for ticketholders
- The Wizard’s Warehouse **NEW!: A one-stop pop-up shop for all of a witch or wizard’s needs, at 8532 Germantown Avenue. Featuring magical maps, goblets, cloaks, and more at special discounted prices. Get them before they disappear!
- Dance and sing along while Jamie Grimble DJ spins the hottest tracks
- Reach new heights with a Secret Circus aerialists performance
- Get fired up with a flame-breathing juggler
- *Pose for a professional caricaturist sketching (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- *Get a reading from a fortune-teller (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- *Give your costume an edge with glow in the dark face painting (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- Look out for red balloons on sewer outlets, and costumed actors along the Avenue to set the scene
- Test your fear level with a haunted adventure at Chestnut Hill Escape Room, visit the The Haunting of Chestnut Hill, the spine-cHILLing mystery room). If you’re a fan of scary movies or TV shows, This is the adventure for you. Just the right mix of fun and fear in a ghostly adventure you won’t soon forget! (purchase tickets at https://www.
- El Quetzal will be hosting our 4th Annual Pub Crawl Scavenger Hunt inside the store from 5pm-9pm on October 18th. 20% off ONE FULL PRICED ITEM when you find the purple potion bottle hidden among the store’s goodies!
- Barry’s Buns: Smoking Grimm Reeper lemonade
- Bredenbecks Bakery
- Gallery On The Avenue
- Kimberly James Bridal: A spooky cocktail, music, and Wizard and Witch-themed items for sale
- Made by ME (Market At The Fareway): Witches and Wizards Chocolate snacks
- Market At The Fareway: Live DJ from 6:30-9:30pm
- Villavillekula: Children’s activity
- Zipf’s Candies
- Bohemian Pink: Pink Potions, Cotton Candy and refreshments
Frequently Asked Questions:
When and where do I receive my wristband and swag? Skip the line! During the week of October 14, ticketholders will receive an email letting them know when they can pick up their Witches & Wizards souvenir cup, t-shirt, and wristband in advance of the event. Early pick-ups will be processed at the Chestnut Hill Business Association office at 8514 Germantown Avenue between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. If you can’t make those hours, have a friend pick everything up for you. TicketLeap tickets with scannable barcodes must be presented on your phone or on paper in order to pick up wristbands and swag. On the night of the event, ticketholders may come to the official Pub Crawl Headquarters at 8335 Germantown Avenue beginning at 6:30pm to present their tickets and collect their wristbands and swag. Enjoy light bites and beer samples at the Headquarters while you check in, courtesy of Iron Hill Brewery.
Is a ticket necessary? You need to purchase a ticket to receive the wristband which gives you exclusive access to food and drink specials. Your ticket also comes with a complimentary beverage, activity voucher for use along Germantown Avenue, and an official Witches & Wizards souvenir cup and t-shirt. Once the participating bars reach capacity, only ticket holders will be permitted to enter.
What route does the pub crawl take? You’re able to go to any of the participating pubs and restaurants at your leisure.
What is your refund policy?: All sales are final and there are no refunds for the pub crawl.
Do I need to bring ID? Identification will be checked at every participating establishment. All participants must be 21 years old or older to order alcoholic beverages.
What is the weather policy? The event is rain or shine.
Where do I park?: There are six (6) public parking lots and limited street parking available. Visit https://chestnuthillpa.com/parking/ for more information on Chestnut Hill’s community parking lots. Convenient public transportation is also available at SEPTA’s Chestnut Hill West and Chestnut Hill East stations, and via SEPTA bus routes 23, 77, and L.
Be safe and have a great time. Please don’t drink and drive. Use SEPTA, call a cab, Lyft or Uber, or ask a friend to be the designated driver. You don’t want to miss out on the spookiest crawl of the year!
Thank you to our corporate sponsors, whose generous support makes the 2019 Brews & Broomsticks Pub Crawl possible!