Friday, October 18
Brews & Broomsticks Pub Crawl
What: Discover the mischief and ghosts of wizards past on the Brews & Broomsticks Pub Crawl in Philadelphia’s historic Chestnut Hill neighborhood. Dress up in your favorite Halloween costume and creep into participating pubs and restaurants for exclusive specials on themed beverages and bites. Your pub crawl wristband includes one complimentary alcoholic beverage, an official Witches & Wizards souvenir cup and t-shirt, and a Pub Crawl activity ticket redeemable for designated experiences listed below (*).
When: 7:30 – 10 pm
Where: 6 participating bars and restaurants from 8000 to 8700 Germantown Avenue. See below for bar locations and additional details on entertainment, activities, and specials at local businesses.
Cost: $25 Per Person, with Pay-As-You-Go Food & Drink Specials exclusively discounted for ticket-holders. Once the participating bars reach capacity, only ticket holders will be permitted to enter.
Participating pubs and restaurants (specials to be announced soon!):
- McNally’s Tavern, 8634 Germantown Avenue
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 8400 Germantown Avenue
- Chestnut Grill & Sidewalk Café, 8229 Germantown Avenue
- Chestnut Hill Brewing Company, 8221 Germantown Avenue
- El Poquito, 8201 Germantown Avenue
- The Venetian Social Club, 8030 Germantown Avenue
Spooky Sights Along Germantown Avenue:
- Dance and sing along while a live DJ spins the hottest tracks
- Reach new heights with a Secret Circus aerialists performance
- Get fired up with a flame-breathing juggler
- *Pose for a professional caricaturist sketching (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- *Get a reading from a fortune-teller (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- *Give your costume an edge with glow in the dark face painting (activity ticket eligible, or pay-as-you-go)
- Look out for red balloons on sewer outlets, and costumed actors along the Avenue to set the scene
- Test your fear level with a haunted adventure at Chestnut Hill Escape Room, visit the The Haunting of Chestnut Hill, the spine-cHILLing mystery room). If you’re a fan of scary movies or TV shows, This is the adventure for you. Just the right mix of fun and fear in a ghostly adventure you won’t soon forget! (purchase tickets at https://www.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When do I receive my wristband and swag? Skip the line! Starting Monday, October 14, you can pick up your Witches & Wizards souvenir cup, t-shirt, and wristband in advance of the event at the Chestnut Hill Business Association office at 8514 Germantown Avenue between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. If you can’t make those hours, have a friend pick everything up for you. TicketLeap tickets with scannable barcodes must be presented on your phone or on paper in order to pick up wristbands and swag.
Is a ticket necessary? You need to purchase a ticket to receive the wristband which gives you exclusive access to food and drink specials. Your ticket also comes with a complimentary beverage, activity voucher for use along Germantown Avenue, and an official Witches & Wizards souvenir cup and t-shirt. Once the participating bars reach capacity, only ticket holders will be permitted to enter.
What route does the pub crawl take? You’re able to go to any of the participating pubs and restaurants at your leisure.
What is your refund policy?: All sales are final and there are no refunds for the pub crawl.
Do I need to bring ID? Identification will be checked at every participating establishment. All participants must be 21 years old or older to order alcoholic beverages.
What is the weather policy? The event is rain or shine.
Where do I park?: There are five (5) public parking lots and limited street parking available. Convenient public transportation is also available at SEPTA’s Chestnut Hill West and Chestnut Hill East stations, and via SEPTA bus routes 23, 77, and L.
Be safe and have a great time. Please don’t drink and drive. Use SEPTA, call a cab, Lyft or Uber, or ask a friend to be the designated driver. You don’t want to miss out on the spookiest crawl of the year!