Executive Director – Position Description
Hours: M-F, 12 hrs. weekly
Reports to: Board of Directors
Rate: $20-25/hour based on experience
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization. The position manages The Volunteer Coordinator and Office Coordinator, as well as part time vendors and suppliers such as Bookkeeper and Promotion Agency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and oversee annual organizational budget. Obtain Board approval at start of each year.
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure accurate accounting of income, expenses, and balance sheets.
- Work with CHMOW Board Treasurer to arrange for annual tax return preparation.
- Recommend and implement pricing strategy
- Complete annual applications in a timely manner. Identify new sources (e.g. foundations, corporations)
- Maintain relationships with current funders including completing reporting requirements and reapplications
- Oversee Annual Appeal and new fundraising programs.
Communications & Strategy & Communications
- Research other meals on wheels organization of similar size and assess delivery models
- Review current client caseload and recommend client outreach strategies considering CHMOW’s service area.
- Work with CHMOW Board members and paid staff on developing marketing materials. Oversee their implementation/distribution
- Attend Board meetings and prepare report of accomplishments, obstacles, and priorities.
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors.
- Manage contract and relationship with Halligan’s, including providing feedback and suggestions
- Represent organization at community and public events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positivity, mission-driven and self-directed.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.