Many Chestnut Hill restaurants and shops are offering Valentine’s Day specials, including:
- Weavers Way: special surprises and chocolate samplings on Saturday, February 14th
- Paris Bistro & Jazz Café: decadent three-course dinner for two guests, plus a special St. Valentine’s Day show entitled “It’s All About Love” starring Paula Johns and Michael Richard Kelly, backed by the Tom Adams Trio.
- Mica Restaurant: Valentine’s Day dinner special of $80 per person for four courses on Saturday, February 14th
- Cake: Valentine’s Day dinner special of $50 per person for 4 courses on Saturday, February 14th
- Roller’s Express-O: Valentine’s Day Brunch Special of “Cupig’s” waffle with dark chocolate chips, strawberries & whipped cream and healthy egg white omelet with grilled vegetables and goat cheese with Baker Street multigrain toast.
- Night Kitchen Bakery & Café: specials include individual strawberry heart tarts; personalized “tree stump cake” for two; and racy conversation heart shortbread cookies.
- Baker Street Bread Company: offering Specialty Breads: chocolate cherry bread (available 2/6 to 2/15 & 2/20 to 2/22); and Specialty Pastries: cherry vanilla scone, double chocolate quick bread with caramel & sea salt topping, chocolate and butter croissants, chocolate chunk scones and
- Cosimo’s Pizza: Casual Valentine’s Day Special– large pizza with pitcher of soda just $15 (dine-in only)
- Tavern on the Hill: on Friday, February 13th and Saturday, February 14th the lunch special will include a cup of soup; asparagus, mushroom & Swiss quiche; petite salad for $14; the dinner special will be a four course price-fixed menu with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine for $100 per couple. Live music will be in the fireside dining room and reservations are required
- McNally’s Tavern:
Share Your Love. Simple Pleasures. Free.After Valentine’s Day meal with us, share. It’s a piece of cake.One per table, gratis. Dine-In only, while supply lasts.
- Market at the Fareway: Bottle and Brush Night at the Brunettes’ Bookshop Bakery (B2 @ B3) on Saturday, February 14th …a BYOB evening out with friends. Create your own masterpiece! The Market provides all the necessities—canvas, paint, brushes and an artist to guide you. All you bring is your favorite drink and a friend or sweetheart. Space is limited so sign up quickly via Facebook.—search Market at the Fareway. $35 per person; $55 per couple.
- A Taste of Philly: Heart shaped pretzels will be on the menu throughout the month of February.
There are also a number of spa pampering, sales, sports, health and wellness specials throughout the neighborhood
for Valentine’s Day, including:
- Style Camp: Valentine’s Day One-Stop-Shop! California accessory designer, Moss Mills trunk show on Thursday, February 12 through the 15. Fresh local Florum flower bouquets on February 13 & 14…chocolates and cards, too.
- Weavers Way Next Door: Heart Healthy Weavers Way Fish Oil on sale. Reg. $14.49; Sale $12.99
- 3000 BC Well Med Spa: Couples Massage Special: clients receive complimentary wine, chocolates, PLUS a free gift to go home with!
- Chestnut Hill Sports: Valentine’s Day Sale: 10% off anything with red on it; Nike New Kaishi Sneakers, his & hers 30% off; lacrosse & baseball equipment 20% off; sneakers & cleats 30% off.
- Diamond Spa: Spa Pedicure Special – bring someone special to get Spa Pedicures and receive a 10% discount plus a box of chocolates or bottle of wine (while supplies last).
- Antique Gallery: A wide selection of heart-shaped lockets, pins and jewelry boxes.
- Janine Salon de Coiffure: Make a date for you and your sweetheart to visit for Valentine haircuts. Come in together and receive 20% off…now through February 13th. 215-247-2909
- Statement Boutique Consignment: Valentine’s Day Champagne Sip & Shop from 4 to 6 pm February 13th & 14th.
- El Quetzal: 20% off Jewelry with mention of this promotion
- Greene Street Consignment: 15% off any regular priced item on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day weekend only (13th-16th) we are running a sale for the 3 Class Package.
It will come down $10, so for $29.99 we are selling the 3Pack. This is a great deal! Classes never expire, the sale does at midnight Sunday.
Leon Bates: Romantic Piano
February 14 5 to 7 pm
Dynamic Philadelphia-based pianist Leon Bates returns to Woodmere with a special program for Valentine’s Day. Enjoy the romantic music of Robert Schaumann and Sergei Rachmaninoff,along with Rodgers and Hart’s “My Funny Valentine,” Cole Porter’s “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” and George Gershwin’s Embraceable You.”
As one of America’s leading pianists, Leon Bates has earned for himself a place on the international concert circuit. His performance schedule includes dates across the United States, in Canada, Italy, France, Austria, Ireland, England as well as Africa. He is invited to perform on the major concert stages around the world and audiences and critics find his musical spirit to possess all the elements of greatness.
Mr. Bates has performed with many of the major U.S. symphonies such as the Philadelphia Orchestra, Cleveland Symphony, New York Philharmonic, Los Angeles Philharmonic, San Francisco Symphony, Atlanta Symphony, Detroit Symphony and the Boston Symphony among others.
In Europe, he has performed with the Vienna Symphony, the Basel Symphony, the Radio-Orchestra of Dublin, the Strasbourg Symphony, Orchestra Sinfonica dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Czech National Symphony Orchestra, Malmo Symphony of Sweden and more. Whether in recital or as a soloist with orchestra, his praises are enumerated in many different languages—but they are all in agreement on one point: Leon Bates is a major artist and one of America’s best.