In 1765, a German immigrant named Johannes Hocker purchased 200 acres of land west of the Wissahickon Creek and named it “Erdenheim”, meaning “Earthly Home” or “Sanctuary”.
Purchased by the McCausland family in 2009, this tranquil and verdant land is home to prize winning Cheviot Sheep, Black Angus cattle, and elegant Morgan Horses. As stewards of the land, we at the farm work to preserve and protect this special place everyday. Situated on close to 450 acres, Erdenheim Farm remains one of the last sanctuaries of pastoral life within the greater Philadelphia area.
Erdenhime Farm is engaged in Livestock, Equine, Apiary, Greenhouse, Farmstand and Composting efforts