|Dear Library Friends,
You know we are committed to promoting the many resources of our library and finding ways to expand its use and importance in our community. I am appealing to you to help with your 2019-2020 annual donation.
In the past year, we have accomplished a great deal:
- Worked to help restore funding from the City – our branch is now open six days a week
- Supported children, teen and adult reading programs
- Introduced a Speaker Series that brings new patrons to the library
- Launched a Friends website and use email to announce events
- Started accepting PayPal to make donating to the Friends easier
- We worked with the Free Library of Philadelphia to install professional audio-visual equipment in the Community Room
- Purchased passes to the Morris Arboretum for use by patrons
- Acquired magazine and newspaper subscriptions for our branch
This year, we are focusing our efforts on expanding the role of the Friends; reinvigorating our communal commitment.
Your support this year is more important than ever.
This past summer, we approved our Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year – our most ambitious ever, about $30,000 – an increase of nearly 30% over past years. We hope to build on the momentum developed last year, with new and more events
Please Consider an Individual or Family Membership Donation to the Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library
Friends Membership does not require a minimum donation – but we hope you will donate this year. If you have donated in past years – we thank you! – and we hope we can count on you to increase your 2019-2020 donation.
You can donate two ways:
- Send a check payable to “Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library” to Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library at 8711 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia 19118
- Easier and faster is to donate with your credit card at our secure PayPal account by clicking the Donate button below.